Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Is The MWA Lying About What Projects They Did?

Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Is the MWA and their Prairie Pothole Chapter trying to take credit for habitat projects they had little or no contribution on? I think most people would agree that a non-profit claiming they were responsible for work they didn't do is extremely unethical. h2ofwlr says that he can dispute this claim and I look forward to him doing so because I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this one. If anyone has information that I may have missed in researching this please share.

I just can't believe that such a stand-up group like the MWA could be capable of something like this to push their own agenda!
As a local Chapter of the Minnesota waterfowl Association we partner with chapters throughout Minnesota to undertake projects to big for any one chapter to undertake. The has allowed the Minnesota Waterfowl Association to undertake larger projects such as the Swan Lake draw down, the Lake Maria Wetland enhancement project, and the restoration of Lake Christina

http://www.prairiepotholeday.com/habitat.htm

Swan Lake draw down---seemingly entirely done by the DNR. I couldn't find any sort of contribution by any other group. The DNR appears to be 100% responsible for this project from everything I saw; strategy, labor, costs, project coordination, were all internal to the DNR. The closest thing I saw to help from outside the department was Teri-John Aviation, the company they hired to fly the two helicopters administering the rotenone. I searched for help given through volunteer hours by a group, if anyone had chipped in a few bucks for the rotenone or chopper rental just so they could stamp their name on this, nothing. Going off my research I can't see how anyone besides the DNR could claim any responsibility for the draw down on Swan.

Lake Maria---Primarily a DU project in coordination with the DNR and a handful of local partners. A few years after DU completed the bulk of the project by installing an electric fish barrier and a pump to control water levels, MWA did receive a grant for just under $40K to enhance/restore a 30 acre wetland on the existing WMA. Since all things are relative I suppose you could argue that for MWA this was 'undertaking a large project.' Due to the prevalence of "Lake Marias" maybe it's possible it's an entirely different project I couldn't find for some reason.

Lake Christina---The DNR has been the primary but alongside them many groups have put effort into reviving Christina during the past sixty years. Most notable are application of toxaphene in 1966 and rotenone treatments in 1987 and 2003. I recall the MWA being behind one of those efforts but I was unable to verify that. It's a moot point since those expensive methods to kill fish were followed by short periods of success before the lake reverted back to it's declined state.

Until DU stepped in with their Living Lakes Initiative and fixed Christina on their first try. DU's biologists didn't earn this victory, it was their visionary engineers and construction managers who developed an adjustable water level control structure with pumps able to rapidly remove water during short periods of high precipitation and to periodically draw down the entire basin. The previous efforts were treating a symptom (rough fish) instead of the disease (high water levels). The DNR and everyone else knew this but were unable to find a way to lower the lake levels until DU stepped in.

Unless you're DU or the DNR I think claiming the restoration of Lake Christina as 'your project' at this point in time would be extremely and intentionally misleading.

Click on the links and read the press releases from DU and the the MWA....

http://www.ducks.org/minnesota/minnesot ... cess-story

http://www.mnwaterfowl.com/page/show/34 ... -christina

Is there any other take on those than my initial thought of, "How disgustingly tacky?" Is there any possible explanation for how they're worded that could be innocent?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Is The MWA Lying About What Projects They Did?

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Yawn..... as usual just more debauchery by FF....
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

mulefarm
Coot Commander

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Does anybody know if the MWA had anything to do or, any influence on these projects? Would be nice to know one way or the other.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:57 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Yawn..... as usual just more debauchery by FF....

As someone who is a supporter of the MWA how can this not upset you? They're publicly claiming they did major waterfowl projects other parties were responsible for, and that doesn't bother you in the least?

Did you read the links to the respective websites at the bottom? It certainly appears MWA copied and pasted DU's release, deleted all mention of DU, and then put it on their own website as if it was their project.

Look, I get that you don't like me but I really think you need to go back and read my post again and try to be objective as possible while doing so. You know these guys, you're a part of their organization, how can this not make you want to call them to verify if this is true and if it is, to tell them to knock it off?
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:03 pm

FF, you should become a politician's spin DR as you sure spin the snot of things to cloud thing up. I hear Hillary needs help to deflect why she she lied about her private server and emails when it is against federal law to do so.

Why don't I get upset? Because I know you are full of it FF.

This manic outburst of yours lately reminds me of a cow manure lagoon. Except FF it's your shit and urine in it that is filling it up. It's a hot day outside today, so go take a swim in the cesspool that you created.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:22 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:FF, you should become a politician's spin DR

That'd definitely be a job better suited for you.

I keep presenting fact based arguments that are well researched. You keep responding to them by personally attacking me instead of attacking what I said.

That's what politicians do.

Why don't you give this another try and leave anything you want to say about me personally out of your response for once. I used things the MWA said about themselves, their words and not mine, and then I researched whether or not they were true and found reason to believe they were lies.

Why don't you go down the list starting with the Swan Lake draw down and explain to us why the MWA was responsible for that project. Have the dignity to make your case contrary to what I said be as fact based as my arguments were. Then move on to the next ones doing the same and make sure to leave me entirely out of your post....let's see you argue facts with facts without resorting to name-calling for once.

People aren't stupid. When the biggest know-it-all ever to grace the internet who is also an MWA supporter has nothing to post besides mud-slinging comments they're going to realize that everything I said was true. I consider your posts containing nothing but personal attacks so far as a great way of reinforcing how well I researched this and that I'm in the right.

I'm confident that the only things you'll have to say about this will not include any information citing the MWA's merits to claiming these projects and will only be more future attacks on my character.

Prove me wrong.
Last edited by Fish Felon on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:51 pm

The MWA has been lying about everything to everyone, including themselves.

They are a joke of a conservation org., and a company.
Dominate The Skies.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:34 pm

mulefarm wrote:Does anybody know if the MWA had anything to do or, any influence on these projects? Would be nice to know one way or the other.

There's only one way to find out.

I'm going to ask the DNR to what extent the MWA was involved in these projects and if the conclusions I made were accurate I'm going to report them to the State Attorney General for violating the MN Charitable Solicitation Act under section 1 article H that prohibit misrepresentation or fraud by non-profits/charities and let them deal with it. A non-profit fraudulently claiming they were responsible for projects they didn't do in order to misrepresent their merits and help solicit membership and donations is a serious offense.

I'm done just being a keyboard cowboy going back and forth with h2ofwlr trying to convince people of things on here for fun. I have a knack for seeing this type of stuff and since it pizzes me off I might as well do something about it in the real world. Especially when we live in a day and age when it took someone with no legal training less than five minutes to search through the laws governing the oversight of non-profits to find one that applies to their argument.

If I'm right I'll relay the info from the DNR and a copy of my post to the AG. If they're anything like the state departments that deal with oversight I've dealt with they'll investigate this with a fine-tooth comb and not take it lightly. I've already done the vast majority of the work, might as well take the time to do a couple emails instead of listen to h2ofwlr talk trash about me.

I want to thank h2ofwlr for leading me to go down the path to do this. If it wasn't for his decision to bad mouth me instead of behaving like an adult and civilly debating this subject I would have never gone this route.

One last thing: in the process of writing this post I realized the commissioner of the DNR and probably many more in the department are MWA sympathetizers so I'm going directly to the AG. I'll be sure to point out the potential for bias within the department with some documention so they take it seriously. They'll be more than happy to investigate the DNR's records for MWA's contributions to these projects, as well as the MWA's records.

Thanks again h2ofwlr!!!
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

How many members does the mwa have? Is the vaunted lakia maria back to the storied days of clouds of ducks?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Lake maria

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”