mnfowl
Site Admin

Welcome

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:19 pm

For those that asked for it, here it is - a fresh start to a genuine Minnesota waterfowling community.

Until we determine the direction of the site conduct rules (based on your feedback), we ask that you simply try to keep content PG-13 and adhere to the initial terms of service agreed upon while registering:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws.

caboose
I came here for the barrel sticker

Re: Welcome

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

awesome thanks for putting this together it's a damn shame what is happening over there right now.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:23 pm

So how will potential trolls be dealt with at this site? Giving 5-6 chances is ridiculous like at the the other site (TOS). Allowing known banned persons to continue under a new name is ridiculous too.

And thread hijacking? i saw way too many serious threads get jacked because of BS remarks. It was part of the downhill slide at TOS. Newcomers to the sport or site need to know that they can ask questions or make comments with out fear of reprisals--otherwise they will not post up.

I have no problem with jabs between friends, but when a person goes after an non friend or newbies, it is a definate turn off for many. This is what my moto was when I was an Admin 5+ years ago regarding personal attacks: Debate the principles, merits, and topic all you want, but leave the name calling and put downs out of it.

? on rules on Profanity. I also noticed that back when no F word or abreviations of it were allowed on TOS, it seemed like a nicer/friendlier place, and when Matt reversed his position and allowed the "F" for an abbreviation 3 or 4 years ago, that decision contributed to the down hill trend too. Frankly damn, bitch, and hell should be allowed on a pg-13 site. Shit should be an automatically subbed to "crap". Female private parts should be subbed as ****, same as the F word.

Well those are my thoughts, do as you will as this is not my site at all.
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Happy to have you here none the less, and your feedback certainly has merit.

I am thinking along the lines of a public PG-13 for all main content, no f-bombs etc. I'd like it to be something my 14 year old nephew can look at without learning a new language.

On the flip side, I think it might be worthy to create a special group, call it the Old Duck Hunters Club, and give those guys access to the gentlemen's forums where they can be everything but and cuss like a sailor. Something they have to opt into or out of, and the general public will never be exposed to their antics.

wildwings
Coot Commander

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Good to see you H2O I am waiting to hear from shnelson on how he is going to run things. The other site went nuts.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 pm

I laughed pretty hard at that image, thanks!

Here's a tentative start to the rules: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5

Don't want to get too over-bearing, but think it's a clear start as to what to expect here.

beard
Coot Commander

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Hope this goes well for you!

beard
Coot Commander

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:45 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:So how will potential trolls be dealt with at this site? Giving 5-6 chances is ridiculous like at TOS. Allowing known banned persons to continue under a new name is ridiculous too.

And thread hijacking? i saw way too many serious threads get jacked because of BS remarks. It was part of the downhill slide at TOS. Newcomers to the sport or site need to know that they can ask questions or make comments with out fear of reprisals--otherwise they will not post up.

I have no problem with jabs between friends, but when a person goes after an non friend or newbies, it is a definate turn off for many. This is what my moto was when I was an Admin 5+ years ago regarding personal attacks: Debate the principles, merits, and topic all you want, but leave the name calling and put downs out of it.

? on rules on Profanity. I also noticed that back when no F word or abreviations of it were allowed on TOS, it seemed like a nicer/friendlier place, and when Matt reversed his position and allowed the "F" for an abbreviation 3 or 4 years ago, that decision contributed to the down hill trend too. Frankly damn, bitch, and hell should be allowed on a pg-13 site. Shit should be an automatically subbed to "crap". Female private parts should be subbed as ****, same as the F word.

Well those are my thoughts, do as you will as this is not my site at all.

What is TOS?

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Terms of Service/Terms of Use

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 am

Nope, The Other Site
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”