BLM Blocking the TC Marathon Finish Line

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:06 pm

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/09/2 ... ter-plans/

I figured this would be discussed here.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: BLM Blocking the TC Marathon Finish Line

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:00 pm

Speaking of BLM anybody ever eat at Rooster's on Randolph in St Paul?

Pretty good spot, I recommend it.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:07 pm

1) I was really confused at first since in my head "BLM" stands for Bureau of Land Management.... that would have been an entertaining story.

2) Dude that thinks the runners aren't going to be pissed and will join the cause apparently hasn't trained for a marathon....

3) If the protest is to cause change, they're going to need to convince the crackers and white ass honkies there is a problem As it stands, Mr Man is going to think BLM is the problem. Locally, this will not help their cause at an action level..... but might make for a very fine fundraiser.

Generally, I'm surprised they aren't entering candidates into the upcoming Senate races and state elections. That would be a better strategy, would increase voter turnout of their core concerned constituency and raise more viable awareness of the issues. Palin and Bachmann might the nut jobs, but they are awesome at galvanizing the core and directing a message.... if BLM wants to make something happen they need to change play books.

Not that the TC Marathon being interrupted is an issue for me. I'm confused on why someone is waiting that time running when there is open hunting seasons....

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Unreal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

deet
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:26 pm

lanyard wrote:1)Locally, this will not help their cause at an action level.....
..... if BLM wants to make something happen they need to change play books.

The thing is, they don't know what they want. Well, that's not quite fair to say, so to rephrase - they don't have a plan for how to get what they want. I wasted the time watching an interview with Rashad (the St Paul BLM chapter president), some lawyer, and a law enforcement analyst. Rashad was asked very directly what steps he thinks need to be taken, and what his end game is. They asked him several times. He can not answer the question.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:28 pm

While I've never run a marathon, I ran a half this year. And my wife ran a full. We agree that you wouldn't even second guess punching out any protester who tries to prevent you from crossing the finish line.

Unfortunately by mile 25 your punch wouldn't inflict much pain, and you'd get gang-beaten by the "peaceful protesters".

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Sounds like they've found another way to make a new group of people hate naggers.
Dominate The Skies.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Every BLM event I have seen in the news is certain to piss people off.

I can just imagine their meetings. "How can we get people to join our cause? I got an idea, let's block people from getting in to the state fair, let's block fans them from getting to a sporting event, let's fill the Mall of America so no one can go shopping, let's block traffic during rush hour, let's stop a marathon."

Are they seriously dumb enough to think this is going to get people to join their cause? I hope the leading marathon runners, which will definitely be black, punches one of them square in the nose and it makes headline news. Imagine the irony.

#Marathoners lives matter.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:Sounds like they've found another way to make a new group of people hate naggers.

Best South Park episode ever.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:Sounds like they've found another way to make a new group of people hate naggers.

They keep doing bull crap like this, people are going to have a growing, negative attitude towards their cause.

I still can't figure out why they don't protest all of the shootings in their own neighborhood.

I would like to seem them block or harass the people going to "Kawanza" or the "Junetheeth" celebrations. I bet that would really go over good.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”