lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Cabela's potential sale to Bass Pro

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 am

Sounds like, at a minimum, Bass Pro and Cabela's are in negotiations for BP to take Cabela's private.

No real loss I see in the market, their selections seem pretty identical with no differentiation in quality or pricing, to the point that their stores could change signs out front and no one would know the difference.

You maybe want to take big advantage of any Cabela's bucks on your Visa :-)

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Cabela's potential sale to Bass Pro

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:41 am

Say it's not so... bigger it seems means poorer service and quality of goods. I've seen a marked deterioration in both at Cabela's in the last 15 years with their expansion. They went from a solid 10 to a 7 in that time. what is next a 6? groan....
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:52 am

Surely you can't be serious? Is it April 1st?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:07 am

I don't like either...but Cabelas stopped doing a gift certificate program with my credit card and bass pro does it...so that would be a bonus

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:51 am

Hard enough to find hunting clothing in tall sizes, cabelas being one of a few retailers that still offers a good selection. Bet that won't be the case when/if they Chang hands. Dammit. Time to buy some more brushbuster goretex.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Cabelas just kinda sucks...BPS really sucks! BPS hunting gear quality and selection is nothing compared to Cabelas.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:57 am

It makes me miss the old Gander Mountain stores when they were more of an outfitter and not a retailer. That strategic change came in the late 90's.

If I had to compare them to a competitor, I always feel like I'm shopping at Dick's. But can't say I've stepped into a Gander in 2, if not 3, years.

Stopped at Bass Pro in KC this week. It is a fishing store that sells some deer hunting and other equipment.

My guess is, a Cabela's purchase gives BP more depth... the only thing BP has to do is switch out labels at the factory in China and your favorite Cabela's products will become Red Head Gear.

I'd be more concerned if you are a credit card holder as Cabela's owns the bank that secures the cards. Any points/etc may be at risk, and BP may push to have you join their card, which would require an additional credit app

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:56 pm

same crap as Banded buys Avery.... no BP buying Cabela's ...... the big junk retailers just get bigger!!!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 am

I tell you what I miss is the Burger Brothers off Lindale in Bloomington.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:32 pm

lanyard wrote:It makes me miss the old Gander Mountain stores when they were more of an outfitter and not a retailer. That strategic change came in the late 90's.

If I had to compare them to a competitor, I always feel like I'm shopping at Dick's. But can't say I've stepped into a Gander in 2, if not 3, years.

My absolute least favorite sporting goods store. The most unhelpful people I have ever dealt with. Numerous different gander's too.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”