get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Re: Moist Soil

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:54 pm

So why aren't more Minnesota hunters even remotely motivated towards stuff like that?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:58 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:So why aren't more Minnesota hunters even remotely motivated towards stuff like that?

Because a majority of MN duck hunters are morons.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:12 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:So why aren't more Minnesota hunters even remotely motivated towards stuff like that?

most prolly know little about it or even have heard bout it........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:34 pm

So why are the southern boys so much farther ahead of us morons? I thought we were supposed to be such a highly educated, affluent, wealthy state? Guess we are dumber than the southern hillbillies we mock and ridicule.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Moist Soil

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Hansen wrote:What's funny is the quote from Jim Cox:

"It looks like an expensive Band-Aid; that's how most (council members) looked at it," said Jim Cox, a council member and former president of the Minnesota Waterfowl Association.

But the 2.5 million we have dumped into lake Christina is fine, what a doofus.

Yep and a couple million at pelican! Those sure aren't band aides. They have only been trying to restore Christina for 30 years and still are trying. Now that's money well spent.
get-n-birdy wrote:I know little about the MWA. Who runs the place and are they self appointed, supreme ruler and chancellor?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:19 pm

He also said he does want to artificially attract birds to the state. It's called a migration you nimrod. What does this clown think they do in other states. Now I know why I never gave a dime to the MWA.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:24 am

Bailey wrote:He also said he does want to artificially attract birds to the state. It's called a migration you nimrod. What does this clown think they do in other states. Now I know why I never gave a dime to the MWA.

My guess is he's referring to the "short stopping" of ducks in migration, something Arkansas hunters started biatching about when MO's MSM projects started being so effective.

Wouldn't want to increase opportunities for local hunters........ they all ready have enough chance. Cuz really, how many ducks is enough? :-)

Maplelakeduckslayer....... you up for sponsoring some MSM on your land if we put a group together? 9Man or Greatwhitehunter3, you guys have or have access to a spot? I know a guy that might be in to it, but he doesn't hunt ducks enough to volunteer the land, he'd charge rent.

One thing to consider, particularly in MN, conversion of any existing row crop land to MSM will involve A LOT of drain tile.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 am

ttt
Last edited by Fish Felon on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:00 am

I've seen it work in Minnesota in 3 locations very well. It would provide far more hunting opportunities than at Christina or pelican. A 1,000 acre impoundment with multiple hunting blinds, have a draw run each day 1 hour before shooting light. Have no hunting Wednesdays. I'm sure you could get some old dude like fowler to run the blind draws each morning as a volunteer. Have flooded impoundments of corn, rice or smart weed depending on what works best.

For the love of god think slightly differently than trying to restore mud-holes. It aint working. They spent 2.5 million on Christina alone in this recent attempt. I know they say it provides hunting around there but really those on the lake benefit the most.

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:49 am

#1 soil that holds water, #2 water source, #3 grade change less than 1 ft #4 access to dirt moving equipment #5 good help. The recipe for MSM success.

Based on past experience award winning MN DNR biologist Ray Norgaard is an excellent resource on this subject.

Ducks will respond.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”