mulefarm
Coot Commander

Re: Hen Houses

Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:02 am

Just curious, if it is a waste of good time, what are some of the other things a person should be doing?

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Quitting waterfowl hunting is the best option.
Dominate The Skies.

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Hen Houses

Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:04 pm

mulefarm wrote:Just curious, if it is a waste of good time, what are some of the other things a person should be doing?

It's not a waste of time.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Hen Houses

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:15 am

Waterfowlist wrote:
mulefarm wrote:Just curious, if it is a waste of good time, what are some of the other things a person should be doing?

It's not a waste of time.

They're not a waste of time. I don't think money that could be spent on habitat should be used for them.

These big hen house projects aren't worth the cost it takes to fund them and over time often end up being negelected. Who do you think maintains them? Typically it's the USFWS or DNR. Guess who's funding their man hours each year? We are. Trust me, they'd rather not deal with them.

If guys want to build a few and put them somewhere familiar and maintain them, great. If people want to go big like h2ofwlr, even better! I applaud their efforts.

As long as the man hours to maintain them are free and people are building the structures on their own dime then have at 'em.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:56 am

Trigger wrote:I agree. And it's a waste of good time that could be used for something else. If a guy wants to throw a hen house in the backyard pond, sweet. If a guy wants to litter with a bunch of eye sores in every pothole along hwy 212, fine, whatever.

I agree the Hen Houses are an eye sore! What ever happened to the trash can lid goose nest things? Don't all MN Waterfowlers have a hard on for Geese? We need more of those.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:04 pm

You name it. The options are limitless.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”