h2ofwlr
The One And Only

MN Vikings

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 pm

So how about that, the Vikes won the NFC North title. When they hired Zimmer 2 years ago, I had a feeling he would be a VG couch. (Frankly I can not believe no one else had hired him as a HC years ago, he was so under appreciated). They did better than I thought with their 11 and 5 record this year, a bit uneven at times though. Next year I think as a whole they will have a better record, as they need to shore up the offensive line to give Teddy more time. But I'm getting ahead of myself... as they have the playoffs this year to play.

The players and fans have had relatively nice winter weather at TCF field, but I think their luck will run out.
I have a feeling that this Sunday's game will be pretty cold as a high of 13 with a 10MPH NW wind. And if the front comes in 12 hours sooner, it likely will not break into the double digits that afternoon as right now they are predicting below zero temps Monday AM.

But being they are playing Seattle, perhaps the cold weather will help the Vikes as the Seahawk players will be shivering too much to play as effectively. :D Lets hope.

So what are you thoughts about the Vikes?
(And the 1st person to say or implies "choke" by the Vikings buys lunch at next years MF goose hunt that Chuck wants to do. :mrgreen:
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: MN Vikings

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Seattle is going to crush them. Let the chants begin...one and done!

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Nice win and going in the right direction from where we were 2 years ago, would have to play a perfect game to beat Seattle.........I hope we can pull it off being I have no time for Pete Carrol......Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:39 pm

9manfan wrote: I have no time for Pete Carrol......Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to punch the gum right out of his mouth.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:39 pm

I certainly think we'll do much better than first go around but I think we'll lose by <10.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:58 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
9manfan wrote: I have no time for Pete Carrol......Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to punch the gum right out of his mouth.

LOL, my exact thoughts.............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:11 pm

There's no player in the NFL I detest more than Richard Sherman. I hope we kill them. That said I doubt it, despite the cold. Russell Wilson is one of the best QB's in the league IMO and bar none the most talented in his age group. They have everything the vikes have plus more. The gaps we have they don't..... Just my opinion... I hope Pete C. Trips on a banana peel running onto the field though.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:31 pm

I have found a place more jacked than than the Minnesota Waterfowlers Fbook group...... comments section on the Vikings FBook page.

The win at Lambeau was a choke test for the Vikes. They gagged a little but but we're able to spit the loss out if their mouths and experience the sweet taste of victory.

But Detroit won there, Chicago won there.... it was by far a moral victory.

Now the Seahawks: this will be a pure football test. No rivalry. No fan investment. No decades of meeting them in the playoffs.

Our young QB is going to need to play to win, rather than play not to lose. Our O line is going to need to be smart because Seattle's D is FAST, our O line is not.

We keep winning this year on the breaks that used to beat us. To beat Seattle we will need to beat them by playing better football. I believe this team has it, I hope we get to see it.

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:57 pm

We have zero chance of winning sunday. Zero. Beast mode is back as well. Please nobody get your hopes up.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 pm

The advantage in declaring the negative is the small investment.

There's a large spectrum between hopeful, optimistic, anticipating and expectant.

If the Vikes play competitively, as in not getting their ass handed to them, they have a better than 5% chance of beating the spread :-)

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”