Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fun Fact

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 pm

The word 'Nimrod' was actually first used with the meaning "Mighty Hunter," after Noah's second son named Nimrod who was a very skilled and proficient hunter and supposedly responsible for the construction of the tower of Babel.

So next time your buddy texts you pics from a good shoot call him a Nimrod.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fun Fact

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:36 pm

Another fun fact,

The richest 62 people in the world have more wealth combined than over half the world's population.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:16 am

Fish Felon wrote:The word 'Nimrod' was actually first used with the meaning "Mighty Hunter," after Noah's second son named Nimrod who was a very skilled and proficient hunter and supposedly responsible for the construction of the tower of Babel.

So next time your buddy texts you pics from a good shoot call him a Nimrod.

I am planning on naming my next dog Nimrod. It was actually the Buggs Bunny cartoon that called Elmer Fudd "Poor little Nimrod" while he was hunting Buggs, that was the downfall of the legendary name, Nimrod.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:36 pm

But alas,,, Nimrod (which now mean an inadequate person) is a distant 2nd to calling someone a Barney.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:46 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:But alas,,, Nimrod (which now mean an inadequate person) is a distant 2nd to calling someone a Barney.

Where does "Gomer" fit into the Lame Things Lame People Call Other Lame People from the 1950 list?

The next list is Candy We Don't Have Anymore.

After that it's The Price of Things When I was 40 Years Younger

:D

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Gomer fits you, that where it fits. BTW, the Gomer Pyle show was on in the 60s, not the 50s. Non Gommers would know that!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:55 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Gomer fits you, that where it fits. BTW, the Gomer Pyle show was on in the 60s, not the 50s. Non Gommers would know that!

Really? Seems like just the fact a Gomer would care about :P

On a serious fact note: there are things that kill people. Sometimes it's other people. Be careful out there people, you could end up killing some other people.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”