cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Feral Cat Control.... Try S3

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:50 pm

S3 = Shoot, shovel, shut-up. :twisted:

Heard this today at the Waterfowl Symposium. Great advice! It brought a good response from the audience.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Feral Cat Control.... Try S3

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:50 pm

How did that come into the conversation?!

Ain't no shoveling with cats!

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Quack wrote:How did that come into the conversation?!

Ain't no shoveling with cats!

It came during the Question period following the presentation of the 100th Anniversary of Migratory Bird Act, which includes non-game species.

In areas where you don't have predators or scavengers that consume the dead cat, shoveling is an alternative to disposing of the evidence.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:02 pm

I really should have spoke up at that moment about this but being a new guy, just kinda kept my trap shut.

I don't know if this is just for Minneapolis, or if the animal nut got it changed for the whole state, I can't remember, but it's one of the two, there is no longer a such thing as a feral cat according to the law. They are all domestic cats, even if they are unowned. Add to that, there is s very hard push from animal rights people to get animal cruelty charges increased, including going up to felony. As you should know, felonies remove your right to own firearms.

This coincides with what Landwhehr was saying that we need to get involved in the legal side a lot more.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:33 pm

There's a fraction of the amount of feral cats in the country version a couple decades ago. There's also a shyteload more coyotes.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:25 am

Goldfish wrote:I really should have spoke up at that moment about this but being a new guy, just kinda kept my trap shut.

I don't know if this is just for Minneapolis, or if the animal nut got it changed for the whole state, I can't remember, but it's one of the two, there is no longer a such thing as a feral cat according to the law. They are all domestic cats, even if they are unowned. Add to that, there is s very hard push from animal rights people to get animal cruelty charges increased, including going up to felony. As you should know, felonies remove your right to own firearms.

This coincides with what Landwhehr was saying that we need to get involved in the legal side a lot more.

Yeah, I agree that the laws are screwed up with this situation. For instance, if you observe a dog (domestic or feral) chasing a deer in this state, you can legally shoot them. But if a cat (domestic or feral) kills birds or small animals, you can't shoot them because they are protected?

Perhaps that is why S3 was mentioned.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Feral Cat Control.... Try S3

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 pm

People should be held accountable for the federally protected birds their pets kill, but people don't really care about science they only care about what's cute, and out of sight of mind too.

Cats only suck because people suck. We could pretty much ice all the cats causing troubles but people are dumb.
Last edited by Drunk_Dynasty on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:37 am

Easy preaching to the choir. Would like to hear that said in front of 'cco, kare or kstp cameras or with a group of liberal lefties in the audience.

Truck tires need to eat.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Feral Cat Control.... Try S3

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:52 am

cstemig wrote:or instance, if you observe a dog (domestic or feral) chasing a deer in this state, you can legally shoot them.

Only in the spring time tho (I think? ). Not during hunting season at least.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm

I think it is only during deep snow conditions and the dog/s have to be actively chasing in close pursuit of a deer.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”