Mergie Marauder

Re: Feral Cat Control.... Try S3

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:19 am

And FF relapses. Bummer.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Feral Cat Control.... Try S3

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:32 am

FF you need to go back on your lithium. I'm not even saying that as a joke.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:19 pm

This thread is kind of like when you have a booger hanging and someone you talked to was too polite to point it out. They think they're being courteous but the reality is they did you the opposite of a favor....they let you walk around continuing to look like an idiot with a booger on your face.

I'm the guy that is kind enough to let you know you need to wipe your nose.

By all means feel free to quote anything I said that wasn't accurate and point it out. I actually really appreciate it when people correct me and I learn something new, it stops me from perpetuating something that's wrong.

Civil discussions occur when all parties involved are respectful and open to a different possibility than what they currently think or believe. Riding around on a high horse and judging others based on some nonsense rumor and then failing to admit you're not certain that the information you shared that started the discussion is valid is neither respectful or being open to a different possibility than what you previously thought.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:05 pm

FF, case law is not on your side.

http://m.humanesociety.org/news/news/20 ... 01810.html

I will concede to the argument on the source, but the legal precedence is sound.

Full disclosure. I'm slightly overweight and balding, and lazy, and did not make the effort to search additional court records to see if a higher court overturned this ruling.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Nope, the argument on the source is correct. When I get going I'm looking stuff up and learning a lot of it too as a discussion unfolds and there's usually a thing or two that I'll find that would make a strong argument contradicting mine. No one has ever found one of them and posted it until now. Well done.

With that being said and agreeing the case law is sound, the dude lived in town in St. Peter and stuck the cat belonging to the 11-year old girl that lived next door. The arrow was off several inches and the cat ran back next door with an arrow stuck through it and bled out. The 22 year old that killed the cat, that the mother of the little girl obviously didn't have a real hard time figuring out was the culprit, opted to not take a misdemeanor charge and do a couple weeks in jail and instead tried to fight the felony conviction.

In my opinion the guy knew it was the pet of the girl next door and he was a dbag to pull that shyte and deserved what he got. You should be charged with something for knowingly killing someone's pet.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:00 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:Full disclosure. I'm slightly overweight and balding, and lazy, and did not make the effort to search additional court records to see if a higher court overturned this ruling.

I'm slightly overweight and instead of balding I'm continually growing more hair in unsightly places and I did look it up and it was not overturned by a higher court.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:46 pm

My main concern isn't that there are/aren't laws protecting feral cats/companion animals...but the decreasing populations of cats in the rural areas I frequent.

To the point i'm considering starting a stocking program with craigslist "free cats"!
Dominate The Skies.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:My main concern isn't that there are/aren't laws protecting feral cats/companion animals...but the decreasing populations of cats in the rural areas I frequent.

To the point i'm considering starting a stocking program with craigslist "free cats"!

Is your annual kill count for cats lacking lately?

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Very much so. It's depressing and emberrassing.
Dominate The Skies.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 am

We have way less homeless cats. I'm convinced all the old ladies and dudes that spend a mountain of cash to feed the birds are taking care of their fair share of wild cats.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”