h2ofwlr
The One And Only

For those that may be interested, 79 gun safe auction

Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:06 pm

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/index&auction_id=11888

I have no affiliation with them at all, I just happen to see it and thought perhaps a good deal or 2 may be had if anyone is looking for safe.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: For those that may be interested, 79 gun safe auction

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Never a good deal on k-bid!

Seriously, unless you are looking for a pair of socks or used motor oil, everything always gets bid up to near new/retail prices. That and the buyers premium is a crock of shit!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Not just busting your balls here either, I've seen so many 870s go north of $300, then throw in the transfer fee, taxes, buyers premium, redneck tax & 200 mile commute - you'd seriously be better off at gander mountain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:58 pm

You never know what the price might be... I've seen things go for a decent price, some stuff go for retail and some stuff for a bargain. You need to set in your mind a head of time a price and not exceed it and then bid accordingly.

There are deals to be had. For example I bought a suit case fish house for $8 and sold it on CL for $100.

The buyers premium of 10% is K-bids cut. A lot of auction houses have a BP now days. And don't forget Mn sales tax too. So if you bid $100, it'll be about $117. And if you use plastic add 3% too, so about $121

And remember you need to factor in if you are close to the auction location (as Nelson said, often it does not pay if you have to travel a long ways unless of course it is for a big ticket item like a vehicle, etc..). And can you get there during their prescribed pick up hours and day? That last 1 is a deal breaker for many guys.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”