gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Introduce yourself mnfowl

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:01 am

SCKnives wrote:Hey guys, I'm a custom knife maker from southwest Minnesota...

Good knives, your bird knife keeps an edge. Can't wait to get those skinners and put them to work.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

SCKnives
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 am

gimpfinger wrote:

Good knives, your bird knife keeps an edge. Can't wait to get those skinners and put them to work.

Well, there might be a delay getting them with the baby coming and all lol.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 pm

SCKnives wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:

Well, there might be a delay getting them with the baby coming and all lol.

I kinda figured that you might be a daddy when you were MIA this morning. Congratulations.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:11 pm

WALKER wrote:
shnelson wrote:There is no man behind that curtain! MNFOWL is Just the default admin account here :mrgreen:

I have no idea what that means as I'm computer lingo challenged :D

So nelson & mnfowl are one in the same?

Give us a short bio about yourself nelson. I assume your some sort of computer guru.

And thanks again for starting up this website

I guess I can start by warning you that I'm probably one of the more un-interesting guys you could ever meet. I like to think that I'm addicted to waterfowl, but am embarrassed to say that this year I would certainly qualify as the DNR's stereotypical two weekend waterfowl warrior. I can count the amount of times I made it out this season on one hand - but for good cause... my wife of 3 years gave birth to our first back in august, and she's been keeping us busy & awake ever since

Prior to our daughter completely re-prioritizing my life's ambitions, I would spend my free time either fishing, hunting, or getting into some kind of trouble with a new hobby (just recently picked up handloading). I am looking forward to the day she can start to enjoy some of them with me.

My career is in information technology/services, it's a mix of server architecture, virtualization and network engineering. I run a business on the side with a couple partners, FowlNation LLC, where our core focus started in 2008 as a waterfowl based community targeting a national audience. It turned out to be more work than it was worth, as it felt like communities of any niche had started to hit their peak at that point and the market was very costly to penetrate & keep members engaged. After finding many ways that didn't work, we stopped looking for a problem with our solution and shifted gears.

About two years ago, we found overwhelming demand for web hosting and small outdoor businesses. Turns out a lot of guys are so passionate about what they do in the industry, that they don't have time to learn and adapt to changing technology. This is where I found myself to be a good fit, as I'm very passionate about what I do (in some cases that can be a flaw, I've learned), and love the outdoors just as much as technology. I'm not claiming this enterprise to be successful enough to retire off of, but there's more than enough work to keep us busy and it's very enjoyable.

I'd love to give you some back story on how I got involved with certain celebrities in the state, but it's best if not done on a public medium... so that'll have to wait till some day in the blind :mrgreen:

tldr (too long, didn't read version): What bullet says is true, I am a nerd (with a powerlifting total of 1500lbs) that loves to hunt and fish :D

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks for the post nelson.

Very interesting read & gives us all a little better idea about you

Congrats on the daughter

DakotaDog72
Coot Commander

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 pm

I need no introduction. Nuff said.

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Shnelson,
That happens when you become a new dad... well, if you give a fudge about your wife and baby it does. Last season was the exact same for me. This season would of been that same but I was able to get out before work a couple days a week.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks walker, and glad to hear that crippler... Honestly she makes it pretty easy to write this season off as good enough, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity at ducks later!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 am

Congrats in the baby shnelson. You won't have as much time to hunt but when the you can start to bring the kid along it brings with it a whole new level of excitement.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”