h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Shootings

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:56 am

I'm kind of surprised no one has brought it up.

That is some kind of screwed up deal, when a CC holder is killed by a cop for no apparent reason other than he is Black. I certainly do not have the details, but that being said initial appearances it sure as heck does not look like the cop was justified.

I am very concerned about the cops mantra of recent years of "do whatever it takes to get back home each day". As it puts a Us VS them mentality into play VS a we are in this together mentality. Then look at how many ex military are now cops. How the military teaches to control a situation is far different than what was taught in police training. Think not? Look for example the number of no knock entries now days VS 25 years ago. Or how many times SWAT was called in a years time 25 years ago VS recently. There is stark difference.

Then last nights snipers (reportedly 2 shooters) attacks in Dallas. It seems at this point in time that 5 cops are dead and 5 or 6 more wounded.

I fear a repeat of the Watts riots from 45+ years ago in different places across the USA.

So what are your thoughts?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Re: Shootings

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Can't intelligently debate your second paragraph but I have one blaring issue with the first.

"when a CC holder is killed by a cop for no apparent reason other than he is Black"

Your phrasing makes it sound like his skin color is an apparent reason for the cop to shoot him. There is no evidence of that; no reason to think or even suggest that, unless you have good reason to believe the cop was racist, and you have no reason to think that. If you think the cop's racist because he killed a black guy, and you say he killed the black guy because he's racist, you have circular logic. It's stupid.

I agree with you that it really, really sounds like the driver did nothing wrong and the cop royally fudged up. Totally. No reason to think race played a part though.

Sounds like the cop was hyper-nervous and after hearing the driver was [legally] carrying he went way over the top, freaked out, shot him up. Idiot. Racist? who knows. Really dumb? Definitely. Again, based on what we've been told so far.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:29 pm

I just think the cop was in way over his head, couldn't handle that situation, nervous, scared, only he knows, just a sad deal that it had to happen........from what I've read the guy sounded like a good guy.......only the cop knows what went wrong and maybe the gal, but I still can not believe she was not freaking out after this went down and she calmly filmed it, that's kinda messed up I think.....................don't think you can call the cop racist because that guy got shot, I think he just screwed up...Big Time......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:17 pm

"I'm kind of surprised no one has brought it up."

The topic is getting hammered in terrific detail on every other social format. Additionally, with this one, the officer involved isn't generating a whole lot of sympathy.

No struggle, no apparent crime, a CCP with a guy with no criminal record, a four year old in the back seat, and the dude was the king lunch man for a school.

Facts and truth have little reason in the current threads, including this one. Haven't heard if there was a body camera, but would assume if there was that would have been announced already.

I'm confused on why multiple officers were on the scene for an out tail light @ 9 pm.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Shooting was probably extreme, but the gf herself said that as he was reaching for his wallet he blurted out he had a gun. While he was reaching is the key. If you have a carry permit and get pulled over, the very first thing you do is put your hands on the steering wheel, tell the officer you have a weapon , and ask him how to proceed. You dont fidgit around and blurt out you have a gun.

The cop still shouldn't have shot him, but the drivers actions made the cop react the way he did.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Whatever the cop's reason(s) were for using Deadly Force, I can't understand why he shot the guy four times at nearly point blank range. Lack of training, loss of firearm control, mechanical gun problems, excitable stress, fear, who knows. IMO, one shot at that distance should have been enough. What was also disturbing was the lack of first aid immediately following the shooting.

More of this story is sure to follow, but for now, that cop really appears to have FUBARed.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:08 pm

At least they can't blame whitey since the cop was yellow, or are Asians racist against blacks too?

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:17 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:At least they can't blame whitey since the cop was yellow, or are Asians racist against blacks too?

I think because the cop was not black and the victim was is all that matters to BLM.

Where is BLM with the recent child shootings? BLM should go after the black on black violence with the same tenacity as they do with other shootings. But they won't because it won't bring as much media coverage.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:43 am

Race of the officer matters very little in use of excessive force. It's a function of the power system. A JBT is a JBT regardless.

BLM is going to have to address black on black crime to generate legit lobbying clout, however, cops shooting people raises money.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:47 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote: If you have a carry permit and get pulled over, the very first thing you do is put your hands on the steering wheel, tell the officer you have a weapon , and ask him how to proceed. You dont fidgit around and blurt out you have a gun.

The cop still shouldn't have shot him, but the drivers actions made the cop react the way he did.

Very true on all 3 points.

As for the violence yesterday, I am surprised at how much restraint that there was exercised. Meaning I heard that Molotov cocktails were being thrown at the LEOs. If true, in my mind that is assault with a deadly weapon. I am surprised a LEO sniper was not ordered to neutralize the perp/s doing the throwing.

It's a sad, sad deal anyway you look at all of this.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”