gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Teal

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Or maybe you are just blinded by loyalty.

They were very vocal on their stance on each one of these and you're fooling yourself to think the dnr has never been swayed by them.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Teal

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Is anything ever NOT the DNRs fault?

I'm glad we don't have a teal season. I just don't really see the point.

Ya whats the point of a of getting a better opportunity at one of the better tasting ducks that has mostly left the state before our season starts.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:47 pm

gimpfinger wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]Is anything ever NOT the DNRs fault?

Ya whats the point of a of getting a better opportunity at one of the better tasting ducks that has mostly left the state before our season starts.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk[/quote]
Yah all the gourmets statewide are furious.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"][quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]Is anything ever NOT the DNRs fault?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk[/quote]
Yah all the gourmets statewide are furious.[/quote]
Sometimes you try to hard.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:13 pm

And I'm sure you really wanna hunt teal for the taste.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:And I'm sure you really wanna hunt teal for the taste.

Well I don't shoot them for their beautiful brown plumage.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:19 am

That plumage tastes as good as antlers!

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:And I'm sure you really wanna hunt teal for the taste.

I do.

Isn't taste the reason guys pass on spoonbills?

Fowler, you're right, it is the DnR's decision. But if the MWA has no say in anything related to waterfowling on a political level, why do they exist? They don't do any worth while habitat projects, they host woody camp that teaches 15 kids things their dad's should be/will be teaching them anyways- it's not like they are inviting inner city youth to it- so what the hell is their purpose then?!? And why did they speak out publicly for being against expanding opportunities (which as mentioned earlier, is in their MISSION STATEMENT!!!!) if as you are implying, they are so worthless? Is it just a feel good club for jack asses?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah I know I'm 3 weeks late to this party, but my questions to fowler are still relevant.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:07 am

political level, why do they exist? They do some lobbying at the capitol. Did the Commissioner ask the MWA what their thinking was regarding the Teal season? No he did not.

And why did they speak out publicly for being against expanding opportunities A reporter asked and they said the most of the chapter delegates were not for it. (The reporter called them - not the other way around) Obviously some within the org were in favor of the teal season, like myself.

They don't do any worth while habitat projects, Really? Well here is what the MWA biologist has been doing this summer http://www.mnwaterfowl.com/news_article ... _id=339127
10,838 Acres the last 6 years http://www.mnwaterfowl.com/page/show/341254-cpl-grants

they host woody camp that teaches 15 kids Actually about 45-50 kids each year in Aug. + advanced Woodie camp in the fall

so what the hell is their purpose then?!? Well it seems that it something that you just do not have the capability to understand.

Is it just a feel good club for jack asses? No, you have the market cornered on that club, they sure would not want to infringe upon that.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”