Nershi
Mergie Marauder

SBE II

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:51 pm

These things really piss a guy off. My first one jammed pretty often so I sent it in. Benelli sent it back and when I got it back it jammed every couple shells. Clearly they didn't even test fire it after 'fixing' it. I had the gun store give me a new one and let them deal with Benelli. The second one worked fine for a couple years unless it was super could but progressively got worse. For a good chunk of the opening weekend I had myself a $1800 single shot. The shells aren't ejecting out. It isn't even stove piping. The chamber opens and the spent shell is just sitting in the gun. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible fixes? After last season I had a gunsmith tear it down completely and clean it so it isn't a cleaning issue. I am about ready to sell it and switch to Beretta or possibly go back to shooting my pumps.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Re: SBE II

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:20 pm

what brand of shells are you shooting?

I had troubles with my SBE II ejecting 3" xperts. did fine with 3.5" anything. switched over to blue boxes and had no issues. i shot 2 3'4" 6 shot blue box this weekend and not a single hiccup.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Synthetic camo?

I'll give you $500 for it.
Dominate The Skies.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:23 pm

I'll give you $450.

The opportunity to meet me in person is worth at least $51.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Variety of shells. Mainly Kents and red box federal. Type of shells don't seem to matter.

Yes synthetic camo. Is that what is causing this? Any ways to fix this bullet?

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: SBE II

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Nershi wrote:These things really piss a guy off. My first one jammed pretty often so I sent it in. Benelli sent it back and when I got it back it jammed every couple shells. Clearly they didn't even test fire it after 'fixing' it. I had the gun store give me a new one and let them deal with Benelli. The second one worked fine for a couple years unless it was super could but progressively got worse. For a good chunk of the opening weekend I had myself a $1800 single shot. The shells aren't ejecting out. It isn't even stove piping. The chamber opens and the spent shell is just sitting in the gun. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible fixes? After last season I had a gunsmith tear it down completely and clean it so it isn't a cleaning issue. I am about ready to sell it and switch to Beretta or possibly go back to shooting my pumps.

Suggestions?....buy a pump.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: SBE II

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 pm

gimpfinger wrote:Suggestions?....buy a pump.

I figured you'd chime in with that remark. I own three pumps and have shot lots of ducks with them over the years but they don't fit me nearly as good as the SBE. If no one has a fix I'll probably start shooting them again.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: SBE II

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Nershi wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"]
Suggestions?....buy a pump.

I figured you'd chime in with that remark. I own three pumps and have shot lots of ducks with them over the years but they don't fit me nearly as good as the SBE. If no one has a fix I'll probably start shooting them again.[/quote]
Sorry, I'd just rather have a 300 dollar piece of crap than a 1800 dollar one.

Hate hate hate hate hate hate

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Any chance you have a stuck or broken ejector pin or the clip that grabs the brass isn't working properly?

Very frustrating problem.

Some first gen's don't like crappy brass.

Am I understanding it is now a second new gun giving you issues? Is there a break in procedure issue?

Any shell's that are better than others or is it everything all the time?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:02 am

Nershi wrote:Variety of shells. Mainly Kents and red box federal. Type of shells don't seem to matter.

Yes synthetic camo. Is that what is causing this? Any ways to fix this bullet?

There is. May have to do some filing. Varies from gun to gun.

Just cycle the action slowly by hand and try to pinpoint exactly where its hanging up or getting tight,etc. If the bolt is slowing down during cycling, its losing energy and not operating properly.

The gun should be looser that Stutes girlfriend.
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”