lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Cree LED headlamps

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:18 pm

I've seen these increase significantly in public areas and state parks..... typically indicates a greenhorn.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Coast all the way.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Have led on the boat.

Use a hand held Q Beam half million that blows the doors off most higher power spotlights cause it's a concentrated beam. Had it forever and has been bullet proof and flawless but uses way more amps. Down side it sucks batteries like a vampire. Plus side you can cook eggs on it.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Still have and use energizers, but would rather have all Coast's.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 pm

OK, I'll bite, so what is the difference beeween the 2 that you'd choose coast over energizer?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:27 am

I've had a few headlamps in my time...but my favorite is the one I have right now and it's a Petzl Tikka. Unfortunately it's an older model and the newer ones don't have the power this one does. One super nice feature is that's it's dimmable down to a glow so your hunting buddies won't need a retina transplant after setting the dekes. I watched a musher come through the night a few years ago with a Scurion headlamp on...it was so bright I thought it was the apocalypse. Looked it up online it would run a fella around 900 bucks....ouch.

To me the lumens of a light is only about 25% of the story. I want a light that is easy to use, doesn't gobble the batteries and is adjustable for different situations....that's why I like the Petzl.

lt

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Cree LED headlamps

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Thanks Gimp, I just checked them out. 300 lumens is the biggest headlamp they now have :( https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=B ... 20headlamp
Or did you mean a hand held? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushnell-200 ... t/34349998
Maybe they quit making them, as no 1000 or close to it headlamps shown on their website http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/ou ... n-lighting

[quote="lanyard"]What you want all that light on your head for? Heading to a strip club in 'Sconi?
They have big deep tunnels... you never know what you may find... maybe even Trigger's buddy passed out up in there...
Ummmm but seriously, like the 1st post said, for when motoring in the dark. Figured it'd come in handy when mowing the lawn too, etc. Considering what a traditional Halogen costs, why not get a hands free LED that has the same brightness, eh?

I'm going to try combining different info from other sites so guys here can use the info too:

N3ckBe@rdSkyBust3 - If you are using it for the field, don't buy "cheap". Look into brands like Fenix, Klarus, Olight, Armytek, Sunwayman for dependable budget friendly lights to use in the field. Most of them are in the $30-50 range.

Warren from MI - I use this 1800L one and it works great at 15mph in the dark. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RL6X9 ... ref=plSrch

RangerBob from TX - I have a 3m candlepower Qbeam that has been relegated to a back-up. I now use a Fenix RC-20 flashlight that has 1K lumens. It is brighter than the QBeam, throws a better spot with a whiter light. It is only a little over 6" long and I keep it on a wrist strap. It is rechargeable, and has 3 light levels, made out of aircraft aluminum. It sells for $120. myfenixlight.com
This is the finest light I have ever used. Combined with the cree light on the front of my boat I have no problem running anywhere I want to go.

from Buckmaster in MI - I have two of these. They are stupid bright. https://www.amazon.com/Boruit-Headlamp- ... it+rj-5000[/quote]
It looks kinda like the second headlamp on the link. They must not run them that high anymore. I think my low,setting is 250 or 300 lumens.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:46 pm

lumbertick wrote:I've had a few headlamps in my time...but my favorite is the one I have right now and it's a Petzl Tikka. Unfortunately it's an older model and the newer ones don't have the power this one does. One super nice feature is that's it's dimmable down to a glow so your hunting buddies won't need a retina transplant after setting the dekes. I watched a musher come through the night a few years ago with a Scurion headlamp on...it was so bright I thought it was the apocalypse. Looked it up online it would run a fella around 900 bucks....ouch.

To me the lumens of a light is only about 25% of the story. I want a light that is easy to use, doesn't gobble the batteries and is adjustable for different situations....that's why I like the Petzl.

lt

I've got 2 older petzal's, good lamps!

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:35 pm

You mow your lawn at night?

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm tired of the Petzl's. They're irritating. I just ordered this one yesterday

http://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-H ... e-hc60.htm

I like some of those Coast specs. If this one coming is subpar, I will likely order one of the Coast HL27's.
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”