h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Cree LED headlamps

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:37 am

^^^ So what did you pay for them?
I just looked at the Costco website and it does not list them that model.

I thought of another option for those looking at spotlights. While perusing I saw that both Milwaukee and DeWalt now have spot/flood lights for their battery systems, The 12v and 18v. M18 has a 1250 lumen spot/flood combo light. DW 18 is 1000 lumen. A M18 spotlight is $100 though, same price for DeWalts.

I just thought I'd mention it as an option for the guys that already have the Lithium Ion batteries for the their cordless equipment.
Also their regular LED flashlights (about 150 lumens) with those Lithium Ion batteries are good for ice fishing, camping, etc.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 am

$30 for the set.

Costco didn't tiddly list seasonal items on their web site.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:55 am

Geez Lanyard, that's quite a risk- rolling out $30 for 2 headlamps without going through 3 weeks of online research!!

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Quack wrote:Geez Lanyard, that's quite a risk- rolling out $30 for 2 headlamps without going through 3 weeks of online research!!

Risk taker and heart breaker...... tough to roll like I do 8-)

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:00 am

AL: ACT NOW. According to Facebook this desk is similar to good to be true!

http://essential-survival-guide.com/hea ... d=6924FA0E

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:49 pm

You had me almost hooked until I saw this:
THIS IS AN ADVERTORIAL AND NOT AN ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE, BLOG, OR CONSUMER PROTECTION UPDATE :shock:

;)

Then I saw the 4000Mah batteries. No such battery with that reserve in that battery size. In a 1860 battery the biggest is 3400 from Panasonic who it the principle battery maker in the world. The scammers often buy a 2200 cheap knock off batteries cores and put a 4000 or 4400 outer wrapper on them. :evil:

As for that style of head light, like I mentioned earlier, I've seen them adv up to 13,000 lumens. A single XM-L2 T6 led can only produce 2200 lumens with that LED along with the best quality of a reflecting lens. So if you have 3 going, I really question if it'd ever get even close to 5000. Frankly if I could buy a genuine well made spotlight light of that style, I would. But with so many fake knock offs like the link above, well is it worth buying junk?

I was thinking of buying a Milwaukee spot light (see yesterdays post), but at $100 it's just not worth it in how often I'd use it. But say if a guy was out every morning motoring on a river or big slough, it sure would be.

And as for your 2 Coasts, that is one heck of a price of 2 for $30. For a brighter (430 lumen) close in flood light, that is I think the best price and quality combination that I've seen for a personal flood light. I wish that I had a Costco card as I'd pick up a set.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:16 pm

I can PayPal u an invoice and shipping if you want me to pick up a set for you.

The packaging would need to be broken down, rather large. But everything would fit into a small USPS box.

After tax and shipping total would be $37.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Not certain how I survived without this. Here what I've used my rocking headlamp for so far:

Walking to the neighbors for beer
Bringing with hunting in case I need it
Wowing the kids with the brightness in dark rooms
"Trophy" brag: my headlamp is better than yours

For reals: I haven't used the spot yet but the wide beam illuminates the area, not just a thing in front if you.

Been a long time since I had a banded headlamp. Given the Costco purchase @ $15 each, if this thing gets any kind of functional lifespan, it will be the hunting value buy of this decade for me.

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 pm

No I bought the super duper Cree 1800 lumen rechargeable one or whatever u see all over fleebay and book of face.

h2ofwlr wrote:DD, After rereading, did you mean the Energizer?

For those real budget minded, there is always Harbor Freight.

No idea on the lumens as does not list lumens on their LED headlamp, but only $4 - http://www.harborfreight.com/five-led-m ... 61528.html

They don't carry any Lithium battery LED lights at all. So for us cold weather guys - something to consider since cold does not effect lithium batteries, unlike alkaline and NiMH batteries which cold does indeed effect how long they can run.

Here is what they do carry for LED http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsea ... flashlight
The 1st 3 blue lights listed can not be beat quality wise for the $3 cost. I have several.
I personally have never bought a HF regular hand held flashlight - so no opinion. But from stuff I've bought over the years, by and large they sell consumer entry level (low end) quality items. .

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:33 pm

$5 headlamps on clearance at home depot and a hand muff are probably my all time best hunting purchases. I use both ice fishing too, lighting jigs and not taking gloves on and off. Priceless

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”