h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Gophers Football 16/17

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:48 am

Dumb azzed kids from da hood did a gang bang and the team didn't think that it was OK that their team mates got suspended/expelled. Are you F-ing kidding me? :shock:
Claeys sealed the deal 3 weeks ago because he did not understand UMN politics - don't publicly go up against the Admin. So out he was after 1 year. I would have liked to see what he could have done with another year or 2.

So what are your thoughts on the above?

Then the other day they hire this new whipper snapper coach named Fleck. He then says that he is going to bring a national title to MN :shock: Does he have any idea how far superior Bama and Clemson are in comparison to Mn this year? I suppose if you are going to set the bar high, may as well set high (be in the big ten playoff in 3 years time), but a national title? That is like a saying I am going to break the high hump WR by 1' . Wow...

So what do you think of Fleck? And what will happen in the next couple of years?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: Gophers Football 16/17

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 pm

I think that people obsessed with the happenings of 18-22 year old college kids that they'll never even meet are living a very sad and pathetic existence.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Fleck is a talker, no doubt about that, I would settle for a Rose Bowl appearence but doubt that will ever happen let alone a Nat Champ., too hard to get top recruits to this ice hole up here........

as far as Claeys goes, I think he was a good D cordinator but not a head coach, did some serious bone-headed moves with clock management towards end of games with time outs giving the other teams time on clock and soo forth....just my opinion..........seems as though the Gophers will always have a revolving door at the head coaching spot....

and as far as the sexual assault, hard to keep track of the kids 24-7.......thats a tough one, morally not a good thing but there are no charges brought forward.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:44 am

The fact we still spend money on atletics at U of M is proof that rich white guys have small penises. If it wasn't for Boosters writing checks there'd be no more need for anyone to worry about the shambles which is men's I of M athletics. It's a sorry second rate program that needs to focus on getting kids that aren't complete dumb ass douche canoes and coaches that aren't douche canoe captains. After a few years of .500 and no scandals, then maybe try to set some win targets.

For now, try to stay out of jail and ethics hearings.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 pm

It amazes me the money alumni spend on their alma maters. F colleges they are cesspools I will never give mine a dime and will do what I can to keep my future kids out of them

Lars30
Coot Commander

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 pm

Kids are just that, kids. Most 18-22 year olds think with their penises and nothing else, so when a willing lady is going to spread the legs out wide, their brains go south and that's that. College is full of all experiences both good and bad, they shall all be learning experiences at that. I personally haven't seen the video, but people who have says there was no sign of any sort of sexual crime. This chick got embarrassed and tarnished these boys' names forever.

As for Claeys, I think he was doomed as soon as this "scandal" came about, his coaching isn't out of this world to boot and someone had to lose a job over this, turned out he was the odd man out.

I think this Fleck gentleman brings a lot of positive to the show, players feed off coaches more than the regular guy thinks and his success is well documented, even at a young age.
Call em in and take em out

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:23 pm

There's more to it than "chit happens" "boys will be boys" "learning opportunities"

The U is a train wreck from the Board of Regents through the AD Office.

Any one instance is tactic level. Pile up the indescretions/bad decisions/crap leadership and there are serious problems at the strategy level.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Fleck doing his thing

P.J. Fleck signs 25 recruits to help Gophers ‘row the boat’

http://www.gomn.com/news/p-j-fleck-sign ... -the-boat/
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:33 pm

I think that despite the players being idiots for being put in that position I doubt it was the first time they had a female willing to have a bunch of players line up so she could service a couple yards of collective gopher cock.

The video showing she was not just willing but loving it should have been allowed into the hearings. Why they'd allow her to fabricate her own story when video evidence exists that illustrates exactly what happened? Beyond me. It's not like it's indecent when the entire thing is indecent.

Claeys signed his own death warrant with his tweet. He should have had access to the report and should have known better. I wasn't crazy about him anyways, and am not really sad to see him go despite thinking he got the short end of the stick. Hopefully Fleck proves to be something more than Brewster 2.0
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”