lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Migration lies

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 am

Just saw on another site a biologist claiming he's seen new birds showing up in Kansas already while hunting teal. Claiming teal, spoonies and pintails.....

Guessing Kansas must have been his second choice after MN didn't hire him. OBVIOUSLY he doesn't know ducks stay North in their breeding areas until end of September!

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: Migration lies

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 am

Wow, they sure start their Teal season early; http://ksoutdoors.com/Hunting/When-to-Hunt.
I would have guessed that their season started later in September. Maybe this guy walked through some agriculture hemp before watching the birds.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:38 am

I just think its funny we can't have a real conversation in MN about migration. That somehow we think by saying the same thing over and over with conviction it changes things like reality. Maybe in some cases it makes a reality.

and this isn't specifically a teal season whine/rant. It's more along the lines of MN thinking that, some how, we have all the "right" answers because, well, we're from MN and not following consensus is a better strategy.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 am

Course we know best that's why we voluntarily took a lower limit 15 years back or whenever it was. Look at how big of a success that was. Population instantly rebounded

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Someone better tell the blue wings to come back to where I was watching because they took advantage of the Sept moon and North winds last weekend. Better tell the doves to come back also.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm

lanyard wrote:I just think its funny we can't have a real conversation in MN about migration. That somehow we think by saying the same thing over and over with conviction it changes things like reality. Maybe in some cases it makes a reality.

and this isn't specifically a teal season whine/rant. It's more along the lines of MN thinking that, some how, we have all the "right" answers because, well, we're from MN and not following consensus is a better strategy.

The problem is very simple. The DNR and about 50% of the waterfowlers in MN are anti-hunters. It's not that "we" don't know better...just that "we" are afraid to be judged by our peers as savage killers. Hunters not interested in killing is much more pleasant.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Solid point.

I like meat.

bobackwater
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:38 pm

It still amazes me how retarded the people in charge can be.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”