shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: Hunting glasses/goggles

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 pm

I could never get used to wearing glasses, albeit for sun protection or safety. It wasn't until I was forced to wear safety glasses that I realized paying a little bit more for vision and comfort made all the difference.

I ended up picking up a pair of wiley x saints in RX for competitive shooting. Since they came in north of $300 no matter what (for rx), I figured I'd splurge a little more for the auto-tinters. They work extremely well, my only complaint is going from bright sun to a shady area takes a bit of time for the tint come off.

Now I can't understand why I didn't do it sooner, and this was even for just minor correction (.75) so I could see the reticle better in the scope. After taking BBs to the back of the head on public land a few years ago, there's no way I'd hunt without them.

Hearing protection is another necessity that I wish didn't take so long to figure out. Howard leights are cheap enough, and you don't lose much of hearing your surroundings.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Hunting glasses/goggles

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 pm

shnelson wrote:I could never get used to wearing glasses, albeit for sun protection or safety. It wasn't until I was forced to wear safety glasses that I realized paying a little bit more for vision and comfort made all the difference.

I ended up picking up a pair of wiley x saints in RX for competitive shooting. Since they came in north of $300 no matter what (for rx), I figured I'd splurge a little more for the auto-tinters. They work extremely well, my only complaint is going from bright sun to a shady area takes a bit of time for the tint come off.

Now I can't understand why I didn't do it sooner, and this was even for just minor correction (.75) so I could see the reticle better in the scope. After taking BBs to the back of the head on public land a few years ago, there's no way I'd hunt without them.

Hearing protection is another necessity that I wish didn't take so long to figure out. Howard leights are cheap enough, and you don't lose much of hearing your surroundings.

I've been looking at some walkers range muffs. I want normal hearing with no amplification so I can tell how loud I'm calling and hearing protection. The range ones seem simple with basically being on and off.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hunting glasses/goggles

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

gimpfinger wrote:[quote="shnelson"]I could never get used to wearing glasses, albeit for sun protection or safety. It wasn't until I was forced to wear safety glasses that I realized paying a little bit more for vision and comfort made all the difference.

I've been looking at some walkers range muffs. I want normal hearing with no amplification so I can tell how loud I'm calling and hearing protection. The range ones seem simple with basically being on and off.

Team Power Dump[/quote]I haven't seen the walker muffs yet, but was pretty let down by the game ears - mostly just a pain in the ass to deal with. The Howard leight ($40, amazon) and 3m peltors ($80ish, home deppt) both let you change the level of amplification volume.

MSA sordin are even better, but at $300.

I keep coming back to the leights for their low profile and price, I can usually get 4 hours with them on before any discomfort.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”