gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 am

lanyard wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"][quote="lanyard"][quote="maplelakeduckslayer"]Better than being at work

Went in after hunting, and had my phone on me. Squeezing boat time in where/when/how I can....[/quote]You need to bring the mod 12 down for a weekend.

I have air mattresses if you need a place to crash.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk[/quote]

I need to get some elbow grease on it, will see what I can do. Likely open between deer and Thanksgiving.[/quote]Let me know what you figure out. Weekends work better for me unless I get a few weeks heads up I probably can get a Friday off.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:45 am

Today really blew around us, very little shooting around, saw probably 20 ducks.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 pm

How ringer numbers looking up nort? Slim chance I may take the GF to the cabin Sunday afternoon to hunt the evening and Monday morning,come back home Monday afternoon. Not much of a trip but about all I can maybe do

deet
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 pm

I haven't been out since Saturday. There were some ringers around then that hadn't been around previously.

Reports from crew are that there are some newer ducks around, as usual for this time of year. This pertains to your area and north of it.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks! See what we can do work is getting iffy already, hope we can make it up for a night

deet
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:24 am

Not sure if you made it up, maple, but things didn't look too good Friday-Saturday. I was fishing on ducky water and didn't see a single duck. checked a few potholes and ponds while deer scouting and all I found was a big pile of woodies in a beaver pond. Saw zero ringers.

Everything will change this week though.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks, ya wasn't the best this morning. Had a couple decent groups of ringers land right in the decoys 10 min before shooting time, pretty much no ringers flying once shooting opened. Had a flock of about 60 mallards come down from way up, thought for sure they'd come down right on top of us but they landed on the other side of the 60 acre lake. Once we got done decoy hunting we hit up 3 other small lakes, one had no ducks, one had 6, the third had a decent amount of ringers out there. Wish we could have hunted this afternoon and tomorrow, temps dropping all day and strong nw wind I'm sure there will be a few new birds. Seemed to be a lot of geese around, lot of swans as well. Fun to get up there was hoping for a few more birds around, gf has never been part of a ringer shoot

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 pm

heading to Devils lake tonight. hoping tom is good ahead of the big blow Thursday. ill report back in 24 hrs
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:44 am

randywatson wrote:heading to Devils lake tonight. hoping tom is good ahead of the big blow Thursday. ill report back in 24 hrs

Good luck, look forward to the report. Hunting the lake or the area?

mnduckhunter
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Big push this weekend and I can't go hunting.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”