h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Gray November and Black Friday sales

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am

I have seen a fair amount of retailers doing sales a good 2-3 weeks earlier this year (gray November sales) hoping to get a jump on the competition. Not sure how it'll effect Black Friday offerings.

Cabela's came out with a sales flyer starting last week.
I happened to see their 3MM waders were 1/2 off and is good for at least another 1.5 weeks (don't remember the exact cut off date.)

Please post up good deals here to help 1 another out.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Gray November and Black Friday sales

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:30 am

At this point any mention of "Black Friday" in our house is laughed at. We used to be energetic about it, but now, we figure what we are getting people and if it goes on sale, it goes on sale. If not, oh well. Easier to game the system with the rebate offers than try to hit a store 3 times in one weekend to get good deals.

Use rebates on new tires and the 10% Mills cash on future purchases will get you further ahead than trying to be at the store an hour before open to get one of the 10 pair of snowshoes on sale.

Not killing the thread, but offering some strategic advice on leveraging retailer and manufacturer efforts to game YOU.

My list includes long line supplies, boat blinds, motors, and other things I have no money for and no one will buy me. Just keep hoping Costco will put the two pack of Coast headlamps back on sale and maybe I win an auction or two on eBay.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 am

Rogers has the Remington 100.00 rebate on Remington Nitro Steel starting Nov 19 ( 3 case limit) and you can pre order Nov 14th and get a free hoodie from Rogers......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Going duck hunting is my traditional black Friday event.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:12 am

I don't care how good the deals are I'd rather run my sack through a blender than deal with the abnormal amount of ftards out and about that day. If I'm not willing to pay full price for it I don't really need it... probably why I don't buy anything.

Most of my gifts will be handmade this year. 3rd year of smoked meats baskets for all the siblings and their dumbass SO's, making a barnwood bed for the GF, leaves me with just mom and dad

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:33 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote: .....for all the siblings and their dumbass SO's.....

Had to smile. Been pretty lucky that way, until recently. SMH

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I don't care how good the deals are I'd rather run my sack through a blender than deal with the abnormal amount of ftards out and about that day.

Ever hear of internet shopping? :roll: :roll: :lol:

I did 80-90% of my Holiday shopping on line last year. Just saying.
Who am I kidding? Because 3/4 were things I bought for myself that I needed. :mrgreen:

I agree, heading out into the masses plain sucks.

BTW, a lot of deals start Thursday, so you can score via smartphone/PC while watching TV or hanging out with family/friends.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

lanyard wrote: if it goes on sale, it goes on sale. If not, oh well.

Must be nice to make a good living, not begrudging you, just must be awfully nice...

:arrow: Meanwhile some of us jump at the chance of buying a pair of Redwings insulated boots for 1/2 off and no shipping fee when i bought them online at Scheel's like I did last year.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:54 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
lanyard wrote: if it goes on sale, it goes on sale. If not, oh well.

Must be nice to make a good living, not begrudging you, just must be awfully nice...

:arrow: Meanwhile some of us jump at the chance of buying a pair of Redwings insulated boots for 1/2 off and no shipping fee when i bought them online at Scheel's like I did last year.

Or, it must be nice to be broke enough I only buy when I'm at absolute "must", hence the 10+ year old LaCrosse Burleys that will be given another coat of AquaSeal to cover this season's splits and seam leaks.

Now, if I end up with a real job, I'll fit your vision of my comfortable life. But after 7 years of starting companies and not getting paid I can tell you there is no shortage of money mizering in my house.

But we have made the decision that mid-night of Thanksgiving at Walmart has a higher price than the black Friday cost savings affords.

And at my house if you buy something at Kohl's it better have a discount to 75% off, be a coupon item and reward/redeem Kohl's cash.

But for Black Friday-ish shopping we've decided jumping through hoops and dealing with the chuckleheads isn't worth it. We can game the other discounts and rebates against sale prices, spread the cash flow out over a couple months, and make better purchasing decisions.

My comfortable life will be more comfortable when I can get hearing aids instead of putting braces in kids' mouths, don't have to peel our own carrots, and have two cars under 150,000 miles at the same time. Not complaining, we've got it pretty good and our circumstances are based on personal decisions to try and start a company or three which has cost me retirement funds, the equity in my home, and years of no income.

But it's been an incredible journey and one I'd do all over again if I had the years left to do it. So, I patch old boots, sell a gun to buy one, refurbish decoys like a fiend and make sensible choices that fit the needs of my family. We're not starving, give to charity, and support our schools.

I don't know, guess it's just life. But it's the number one reason you don't see me at banquets.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Gray November and Black Friday sales

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm

lanyard wrote:[quote="h2ofwlr"][quote="lanyard"] if it goes on sale, it goes on sale. If not, oh well.

:arrow: Meanwhile some of us jump at the chance of buying a pair of Redwings insulated boots for 1/2 off and no shipping fee when i bought them online at Scheel's like I did last year.[/quote]

Or, it must be nice to be broke enough I only buy when I'm at absolute "must", hence the 10+ year old LaCrosse Burleys that will be given another coat of AquaSeal to cover this season's splits and seam leaks.

Now, if I end up with a real job, I'll fit your vision of my comfortable life. But after 7 years of starting companies and not getting paid I can tell you there is no shortage of money mizering in my house.

But we have made the decision that mid-night of Thanksgiving at Walmart has a higher price than the black Friday cost savings affords.

And at my house if you buy something at Kohl's it better have a discount to 75% off, be a coupon item and reward/redeem Kohl's cash.

But for Black Friday-ish shopping we've decided jumping through hoops and dealing with the chuckleheads isn't worth it. We can game the other discounts and rebates against sale prices, spread the cash flow out over a couple months, and make better purchasing decisions.

My comfortable life will be more comfortable when I can get hearing aids instead of putting braces in kids' mouths, don't have to peel our own carrots, and have two cars under 150,000 miles at the same time. Not complaining, we've got it pretty good and our circumstances are based on personal decisions to try and start a company or three which has cost me retirement funds, the equity in my home, and years of no income.

But it's been an incredible journey and one I'd do all over again if I had the years left to do it. So, I patch old boots, sell a gun to buy one, refurbish decoys like a fiend and make sensible choices that fit the needs of my family. We're not starving, give to charity, and support our schools.

I don't know, guess it's just life. But it's the number one reason you don't see me at banquets.[/quote]You should check out a runnings store Friday-Saturday. I usually have my eye on a few things and have saved singles for their clothing sale and their cash back giftcards. Kill two birds with one stone with them gift cards.

Its usually hunting needs that I get but I'm probably the poorest numb nuts on here so saving change and singles and extra money that didn't go to bills from a few side jobs throughout the year.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”