18%
Poor.
9%
Worst ever.
18%

Total votes: 11
Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Re: So how do you rate the 2017 MN duck season?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 am

It was another successful MN season this year, started out good and only got better with the heavy rain we received had plenty of flooded fields to hunt which produced excellent hunting! Now back to work for 9 months!

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 am

A hit or miss season. Limits or skunked. I got a late start as I went caribou hunting. And my up-north hunting got cut short with the early freeze. But overall I did well.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 am

Al, aren't you going to participate in your own thread?

I don't think I've seen a hunting report from you since the report you made while eating duck a couple years back that you got razzed about. Have you hung it up or are you just too gun shy to post?

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am

I don't talk what I shoot any more on the net. A damned if I do, damned if I don't type of thing. I will say that the places within 1 of me was below average this year, guys hunting the same area all have said the same thing - where are the ducks? This year I think it was location, location, location as I did hear of some fantastic MN hunting this fall from others.

And frankly I've had little desire to go hunting this fall, because my 12 YO dog is not doing too well, he's lost 10 lbs of muscle mass (mainly in his back legs) in the last year (never was more than 5 lbs over weight ever), his muscles are atrophying. I think he is getting near that tipping point where it can all go down hill health wise very quickly, I'm not sure if he'll make to spring. it's plain tough and sucks to watch it happening.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Anything after 10 is bonus time, take care Al, I know the situation all to well. For mine it was a pituitary tumor. Tough to watch it happen, but it's something that us appart from the jackholes that carry dogs in their purses.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog. That is tough. I went through the same thing a couple years back.

Thanks for the report. It's good to hear you're still hunting.

Certain areas of the state were certainly better than others. I didn't even bother hunting an area that I used to spend a lot of time at. While other areas not too far away were awesome most of the season.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”