Mergie Marauder

Re: Spring Chronicles....

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:14 pm

2005 read in an article I guess

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 am

Ended up jamming in the daughter's b-day party yesterday. Kept to local roads between Chan/Chaska/Victoria/Excelsior.

Honest to God: they need an Advanced Driver's Course. I know *it can happen to anyone*, but from what I saw I'd have to say 90%+ of stuck and suck were people that put themselves in that spot. Stay off the f'ing road.

There is NO WAY I'm driving the Ford Fusion through 8" of snow.... but for some reason a whole host of people thought they had a good chance of hopping over plow piles with sedans and small Prius type vehicles. Also, if you have to drive on the road with your Hazards on because it's SNOWING~ you shouldn't be driving.

Don't know how to manage your defrost settings so YOU CAN SEE, get off the ROAD!

Unable to understand how to choose a side of the road when you can't see the lines, GET OFF THE ROAD!

I completely understand you've got someones grandmother that just got off her greeter shift at Walmart that is trying to get home after her shift. But dammmmnnnnnn people! When I drive by and see your Prius with a rope tossed over the top I'm having a hard time thinking you was thinking when you got into that spot....

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 am

I didn't even get out of the housing development yesterday before some duntz pulled right out in front of me. I was pissed.

And what's with half the cars on the road yesterday driving with their lights off?

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:09 am

13" at 9pm last night, plus the 2.5" since then. Not sure how much melted from the unfrozen ground below. At Northern Chan.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:55 pm

18" and still snowing at 7PM... not sure how much melted as its slush on the bottom. Figure it'll be about 20" total.

How bad is it? Lanyard is so disheartened and confused by all the snow - that he posted his wows on the wrong topic. :lol:

Oh, so my plow truck broke down 2 weeks ago, no biggy as I figured I fix it when it got warm out - ha! I have a big 8hp snow blower, I spent 10 hrs yesterday and today blowing the heavy wet snow, went through 6 gal of gas. And I snapped (I think) a shear pin as 1 half of the auger blades are not spinning now.

Yesterday and today set records for the coldest high temp.
Today for most snow on this date.
The storm for biggest modern era (last 170 yrs) April snow storm.
Likely I missed a record or 2 too...

Latest the ice went off of Lake Minnetonka is May 5th 1857 - and we have a good chance to break that record. 5 yrs ago it was May 2

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am

And wait for it..... More snow is on the way! 5-8" along I-90, 1-4 for metro for Wed.

At least no snow is being predicted for this coming weekend.... yet. :P
Attachments
Wed.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:44 pm

If your houses look like mine, remember to shovel the 3' drifts away from the foundation and save yourself spring melt wet basement syndrome. Just got done doing mine

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 am

Well . . . looks like were about to turn the corner, finally. Small snow chance Wed, then upper 50's this weekend then low 60's next weekend. All I know is I'm tired of running indoor baseball practice. You can only do so much in 3 cages.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm

We're coming up on 6 months of frozen surface for many of our lakes up here, so that's pretty neat.

deet
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Is anyone on here from the deep south (MN, that is)? I see we're already past the previous latest ice out record dates, and I am guessing those lakes are currently still locked up and snowed in.

Setting records already!

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”