gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Spring Chronicles....

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 am

Read on fb that someone fell through on Bigstone in 10 ft of water. Sounds like it went from solid ice this morning to soft and honeycombed by this afternoon.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Flying by a highway pond doing 70+, but pretty certain there were bluewings in there.....

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 pm

gimpfinger wrote:Read on fb that someone fell through on Bigstone in 10 ft of water. Sounds like it went from solid ice this morning to soft and honeycombed by this afternoon.

Did they go through, or just the ice castle they likely had hanging off their bumper :-)

Every old codger from Hutch to the SD border just can't ice fish without their pull behind house no matter the season it seems...

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Real men are a thing of the past. It sounded like they themselves fell through. I will give it to the bigstone guys that they know how to be mobile. You see a lot of flipups when fishing out there. I stay away from the permanent colonies when I'm there and look for fish and new flipups groups. As longas you aren't dropping a icecastle by them they are pretty open to you. They like to pick your brain on what you have seen and heard.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:10 pm

I seen blue wings on that decent storm we had 3 weeks ago. Not that last one but the one the week before that. Them bwt along with the spoonies were going low and fast as possible to the south. Near whiteout and the were barley clearing my grove flock after flock for a few hours.

The cans and reds are sitting down at the sheet water a mile south of me right now. Piles of mallards too.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Fish lake in Maple Grove went from white this morning to pretty grey by this afternoon...pretty shallow and an aerator in it but I'm thinking end of week it'll be off, we'll see I drive by it every day kinda fun to watch it change. More 70's forecast next week

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:44 am

Bush Lake in Bloomington went from white to grey yesterday, ice is starting to pull away from the center. I saw a photo on facebook of dudes fishing spring last night in Prior Lake. A bunch of lakes will be open by this weekend I bet.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:44 am

My motors get fired up this weekend.... Nothing like the smell of 2 cycle in the morning!

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Still guys walking out on medicine this morning haha

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Still guys walking out on medicine this morning haha

Are they walking on walking on water like JC?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”