Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

"Welcome" & "Tapatalk Is Available...." Thread Sticky's

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Before possibly coming across as being disrespectful and unappreciative:

Thanks to shnelson for making this site possible and taking care of the upkeep despite not being an active contributor. I'm sure a lot of dudes would have pulled the plug a while back. I sincerely hope that enough traffic is generating to cover the domain hosting expenses and put enough money back in your pocket to take the Misses out for a nice evening once or twice a year. Hopefully it's more than that and enough to occassionally put a new shotgun in the corner closet with a case or shells or two to make hunting expenditures a little less for the year.

With that being said---Can we please get rid of the "Welcome" and "Tapatalk" sticky-threads polluting the top of the page?

Anyone and everyone that is going to be here is probably already here....so the "welcome" sticky serves absolutely no purpose. Every time I get a new phone or clear the cookies off my existing one as soon as I visit the site again for the first time I get a full-screen ad for tapatalk that's really great actually---I "x-out" of it once and it doesn't repeatedly come back. A sincere thanks for that being the case with all of the ads/banners---none of them are a nuisance, are all very tasteful, and do not resemble the site's demise prior to this. Anyways, "ditto" for the tapatalk sticky-thread....it serves no purpose.

The last I visited the refuge was years back and no joke, there was like eight to ten threads stickied to the top. To the point where it was quite literally extremely difficult to distinguish where the first active topic thread actually was.

I always thought one of the dumbest things about forums and a small part of their demise and rise of fb-groups was sticky threads polluting what should be free-flowing current and active content receiving "top billing." If any such thing similar to a "sticky" should exist, it should be reversed---with those topics not leaving the first page of threads---BUT FROM THE BOTTOM ASCENDING UP---Not the top ascending down.

It's not a huge deal, probably doesn't seem like it matters that much...

....but how nice would it be to be able to finally visit a forum and right there at the top, without having to look for it or scroll down.....is the most recently active discussion thread?

Anyone else with me on this??? I know I'm only like fifteen years too late for this to make any difference in helping chat forums retain people but Holy Fuggin' Shit----Better Late Than Never, Right!?!?@$!!?!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: "Welcome" & "Tapatalk Is Available...." Thread Sticky's

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:19 am

Are you in prison or jail? or lock ward?

As it seems like that you have WAAAAAY too much time on your hands lately.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:04 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Are you in prison or jail? or lock ward?

As it seems like that you have WAAAAAY too much time on your hands lately.

Well, internet isn't readily available in jail or lock ward---psyche ward???

So there goes two of your three guesses right there......
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Most recent first right here.Image

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Seems like a worthy suggestion, I'll see about moving those stickies out of the way.

Ad revenue has been great, especially during "season", I think we cleared $12 last month [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:16 am

Thanks!

I'll deliberately click on a banner ad each time I visit the site, and I encourage others to do the same....try to click on different banners each time until you cycle through guys...it doesn't take more than a few seconds and will help make this place worthwhile for the guy running it. Please help show some appreciation in this manner and put a few bucks back in shnelson's pockets for the troubles of keeping this place running.

Thanks shnelson, keeping this site up is very appreciated!
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”