dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Re: What kind of truck do you drive?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
dwendt wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:The tuner has their own forum and a bunch of guys have done dynos...I haven't yet. Otherwise stock trucks have added around 80hp and 100 torque on these tunes...obviously plus or minus some. Guys running aftermarket exhaust, down pipes, intercoolers are seeing some impressive gains.

Have you had to build your tranny yet? I'm not sure how you haven't limped it yet if you gained even 80 would be tough on it

Not worried about the tranny, the 6r80 is a very stout tranny. There are many many supercharged 5.0 and 6.2 running around with zero issues. Tuning the trans is just as important as tuning the engine, and my tuner has done a great job with both. Like I said many guys with the eco boost are adding full bolt ons with no issues. There is some debate if the 80 stands for 800 ft lbs or nm...either way its plenty as 800 nm equates to 590 ft lb.

Bill
If you are looking for a gas truck that tows as close to a diesel as you can get, seriously test drive an eco boost with the max tow package, even if you aren't a Ford guy. I test drove mine 3 days andhooked up to several different trailers. It pulls like a fricken freight train. My truck is rated to tow 11,000+ lbs.It does a really really nice job. I'm not one of those fan boys that say Ford is best no matter what...but how the eco boost tows is truly remarkable

Lol okay, let me know when you limp it

browningguy18
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 am

2004 Silverado. I had to trade my regulary cab in this past year for a crew cab so I can put a car seat in the back.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 am

2005 f150, still running great at 135k miles. Afraid it has to go though, supercab isn't exactly ideal for a car seat - but that wasn't really on my mind when I got the truck!

Likely going for a suburban or tahoe as the next vehicle, would love an expedition but can't stand the look.

An ecoboost quad cab would be my first choice, but since my wife will use it as a primary vehicle she's getting final say. My only requirement is that it pulls an enclosed trailer comfortably. Her requirement is that it's not impossible to park in a target parking lot - kind of leaves us at a stand still :D

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:43 am

shnelson wrote:2005 f150, still running great at 135k miles. Afraid it has to go though, supercab isn't exactly ideal for a car seat - but that wasn't really on my mind when I got the truck!

Likely going for a suburban or tahoe as the next vehicle, would love an expedition but can't stand the look.

An ecoboost quad cab would be my first choice, but since my wife will use it as a primary vehicle she's getting final say. My only requirement is that it pulls an enclosed trailer comfortably. Her requirement is that it's not impossible to park in a target parking lot - kind of leaves us at a stand still :D

Just tell her she has to park far away it will park fine in 3 spots right? Ha

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

What kind of truck do you drive?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:45 am

Also I have a 2003 Chevy 1500HD 6.0L gas

1979 Chevy C-10 Scottsdale original paint with a 350 under the hood. Fast!

Cars/trucks are a second hobby if you couldn't tell.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:11 am

OK! :lol:

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:18 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:

OK! :lol:

I still want to see that vid if the roads dry up at all, if you can really rip on them at 50 id be willing to guess you're pushing more than 400hp 500ft/lbs

What size tires are you running out of curiosity?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:04 am

2005 Mercury Mountaineer. Ads to my rep and street cred as a bad azz mofo out for killin' and grillin'. I don't put stickers on it, just so the birds don't see me comein' 8-)

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:08 am

They are 275 65 18's...my inch taller 275 70 18 duratracs are in this week...waiting for shocks to come in before those get put on.

One thing to consider is rubber and roads are cold (hard) right now making the tires slip easier. I doubt it will do it come Spring...just hook and fly better. I'm not trying to hide anything just obviously easier to peel out on cold roads.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:They are 275 65 18's...my inch taller 275 70 18 duratracs are in this week...waiting for shocks to come in before those get put on.

One thing to consider is rubber and roads are cold (hard) right now making the tires slip easier. I doubt it will do it come Spring...just hook and fly better. I'm not trying to hide anything just obviously easier to peel out on cold roads.

I figured you had done it in the fall/summer/spring time too, but yes that's true. I asked tire size because I don't know what ford runs if they were small or not.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”