Mergie Marauder

There May Be Hope Yet...

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:20 am

Dominate The Skies.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: There May Be Hope Yet...

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:02 am

I’d have no problem tossing those in the dumpster.

reno's ronin
Coot Commander

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 am

i swear to god sport plast makes 2 cormorant decoys. check out knutson's sporting goods website. couple of those placed around some timber sticking out of the water on the Miss and you could have yourself a good cormie hunt.

anyone got any good recipes?

ontario takes protecting its walleye fry seriously.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

"Die, Cormorant, Die" Sideshow Bob and Doug....

Bonus points if you can get both references

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Why are they protected anyway? Why are gulls protected? Never really understood why certain prolific species are protected. They hired "sharpshooters" on leech years ago to thin out the cormies

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:15 am

A perfect trifecta? Merganser, Cormorant and a Pelican
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:11 pm

I hunted down in Louisiana with some real coonasses. It was the last weekend of January, last weekend for duck hunting, and I was amazed by how many robins there were. They were everywhere....anywhere there was anything remotely like a lawn....any greenish occasionally mowed grass and robins would be covering it.

I learned old robin red breast tastes pretty damn good. These guys were true coonasses and shot, caught, netted, killed, and ate everything possible....and they could cook.

When I asked them if there was anything they didn't eat after getting their hands on it, after learning of all the weird shit they ate and loved, they responded:

"Cormorant. The only thing that is impossible to make at least somewhat tolerable when eating it is cormorant. They are completely inedible."

I've shot a lot or cormorants in my day and don't feel bad about killing them just to kill.

They make for awesome target practice with the rifle. I never understood guys sitting at a range going through boxes of bullets. Put enough rounds to get a couple inch group close to the bullseye and then go out and shoot shit in the real world. Shooting paper targets is gay. Why not shoot something in the real world? Cormorants are great targets.
I don't get it???
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Biggest problem is, too many of our hunting "brothers" would call TIP and rat a mofo out for shooting the gotdam things.

Other hunters are real POS's.
Dominate The Skies.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 pm

A very long time ago I was out goose hunting with a buddy that had much less experience in the field. The birds were mostly working a field line and I walked over to a rock pile and was planning to pass shoot.

Three birds subsequently came right into the decoys and my buddy drops all three. His lab runs out to pick up a bird and it pops up into the classic cormorant "wings up" pose. He tripled on cormorants. They were subsequent carried over and buried in my rock pile. Still was pretty cool to watch that triple.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:47 pm

^^^^^ beats the hell out of the usual rocking/high five shoot then pick up the dead to find mergs. Dude's dog had to be like, "WTF, I have to retrieve Batman?"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”