cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Anyone Try Kansas or Nebraska for Waterfowl Hunting?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 am

It appears that these may be the new destination spots for waterfowl hunting. I'm not taking anything away from SD, ND, or Montana, but these two places seem to be growing in popularity. Just wondering if anyone has experienced some hunting there.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Takem1
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone Try Kansas or Nebraska for Waterfowl Hunting?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 am

Heard both spots can be good.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

I've hunted Nebraska, my cousin lives outside of Lincoln. It's ok to decent. Along Lincoln there are the salt valley chain of WMA areas, North Central has the sandhill lakes, and then the river systems. The Platte can be good but public land is hard to find along the Platte. Harlin along the Kansas/NE border can be good. It's like anything else depends on weather and time of year.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Snow goose hunted NE once in the spring. That sucked, but then I’ve hunted Nd, Sd and no and that can suck too. Damn snows
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Anyone Try Kansas or Nebraska for Waterfowl Hunting?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 pm

cstemig wrote:It appears that these may be the new destination spots for waterfowl hunting. I'm not taking anything away from SD, ND, or Montana, but these two places seem to be growing in popularity. Just wondering if anyone has experienced some hunting there.
Ive heard kansas and also oklahoma can be pretty good. Id like to try oklahoma and you usually dont have the freeze up issues we face here. Cheyenne bottoms is a massive public area in kansas but that one freezes easily i yhink as it is shallow.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:22 pm

They are the best! Don't forget Oklahoma. I suggest everyone packing their shit and going as soon as possible.

The phrase "blackening the sky" comes to mind.
Dominate The Skies.

Takem1
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Oklahomo is always good.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Lot of birds up in Canada yet, so late season is always better once the big push finally pushes through.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 pm

I've hunted the rainwater basin of Nerdbraska for spring snows and it was a'ight. Fair amount of WPA's and other public land. Access wasn't as easy as it is in the Dakotas but better than MN. I've heard the Platte is impossible to get on. Haven't hunted Kansas but I have an uncle there that does pretty well on public land. Cheyenne Bottoms mainly.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Anyone Try Kansas or Nebraska for Waterfowl Hunting?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 am

Fish Felon wrote:I've hunted the rainwater basin of Nerdbraska for spring snows and it was a'ight. Fair amount of WPA's and other public land. Access wasn't as easy as it is in the Dakotas but better than MN. I've heard the Platte is impossible to get on. Haven't hunted Kansas but I have an uncle there that does pretty well on public land. Cheyenne Bottoms mainly.
Sounds like the platte is surronded by private land from what i have read. Only a few public launches on it. Always wanted to hunt cheyenne bottoms but its shallow and probably frozen or will be in a few days. Its been written about in alot of magazines so it may be crowded at times but its huge.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”