Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Walleye Painting

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:10 am

Big Doe Hunter wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:
Screenshot_20190205-151539_Chrome.jpg

Does anyone really slip bobber that shallow? Just seems odd to me.

Very good point....you could use a red & white spring loaded clip bobber fishing them that shallow.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:14 am

A red & white spring loaded bobber (Pequot Lakes water tower style) would have made that painting way more badass!
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:23 am

20190223_001653.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm

I like how this one is starting out. Another example of one that there's a good chance I'd leave it as is if the goal was to have something that's visually appealing for myself to look at. Since the goal is to enter and legitimately compete in the stamp competition I need to keep going, add detail, and clean it up....

....only time will tell.

20190226_142502.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 pm

20190226_163004.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Not walleyes....an homage to the crappie cribs I put a hundred yards in front of the cabin. Hopefully this weekend they resemble this....

20190227_121757.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

deet
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Good looking stuff! Between jobs, or how are able to crank this stuff out?

Nevermind... it's the crank.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:30 pm

deet wrote:Good looking stuff! Between jobs, or how are able to crank this stuff out?

Nevermind... it's the crank.

They don't call it speed for nothing!

Thanks for the compliment. I'm pleased with the progress. My stuff isn't great but I like it enough to hang in my ice house, a couple will probably wind up in some corner at the cabin, and I have a buddy that wants the most recent walleye one badly....as in sincerely actually wants it so he can hang it in his house. Got a little bro that really likes the crappie one too.

It's pretty fun now, kind of developing my own style. I think the second walleye painting I struggled because I was trying to get it to exactly resemble a picture versus having an idea and just painting how I think it should look.

I got rid of a ton of decoys about a year and a half ago and kind of had that tepid feeling of "Am I going to regret getting rid of these? In two years what happens if I get back into divers specifically and I want to put out twelve dozen cans, bills, and redheads?"

Odds are that won't happen any time soon if ever and I found solace in the realization that I can just make them....pledged to myself to never buy another decoy. If I can't get it done with what's on hand then I'll have to make some. They look cooler, it'd be fun, and other people would probably cherish adding one to their spread or making a trade.

Now the same goes with art or wall coverings/decorations. I need another wildlife print like I need another hole in the head, but if I ever need something of a certain size and vintage? I'll just paint my own.

I've hung some really awful shit on my walls at certain points of my life. Toupe impressionalist series of like a ball and a triangle painted with like three tones....the type of shit that was awful at Walmart originally and it was even worse after being dated when I picked it up at Savers or Goodwill trying to decorate my place "more adult-like."

I like my stuff already much better than most the stuff I've ever hung up.

If I'm going to have someone look at the stuff on my walls and think it's hideous....at least I created it....it seems like a more valid reason versus hanging someone else's tacky creation on my wall.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 am

Very early stages on this one....not sure what I've got yet....might not work.

The concept is "trolling for walleyes" where the vantage is looking up from underneath at a few walters chasing some cranks a boat is trolling....

We'll see....my hopes are not that high for this one right now.

Screenshot_20190308-000037_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:48 am

Coming around a little....we shall see....

20190308_054628.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”