Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Walleye Painting

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 pm

I thought the walleye stamp winner this year looked like crap and I could do better....despite having never done a painting before on canvas, or anywhere else.
20190205_142713.jpg

This year's stamp is truly a masterpiece after looking it over for a second time.

Screenshot_20190205-151539_Chrome.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Walleye Painting

Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:29 pm

Not bad, can you do a naked lady next?

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 am

Any chance of a Les K type depiction of the swan lake hunt story that had that alleged altercation?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:19 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Not bad, can you do a naked lady next?

Thanks! Once I win the state walleye stamp contest I'll start painting naked ladies.

get-n-birdy wrote:Any chance of a Les K type depiction of the swan lake hunt story that had that alleged altercation?

Once I win the state walleye stamp contest, paint a naked lady for mlds, I will definitely memorialize one of the greatest mornings ever that took place on one of Minnesota's most renown waterfowl lakes.

Here's my second attempt....not done yet, need to finish the crankbait the fish is going after, and not saying it isn't dogshit, but I'm happy with my improvement. If you want to crown me---crown me, but don't let me off the hook, until I am crowned champion of the MN state walleye stamp contest.

20190212_065246.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 am

Looking good. Have you taken art classes or are you self taught?

If you won the walleye stamp it would be funny on several different levels.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

I can hear it now if he won... "Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you the winner! Please welcome Fish Felon!"
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

GK1
Coot Commander

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Is that a Ling Cod ?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 am

Nershi wrote:Looking good. Have you taken art classes or are you self taught?

If you won the walleye stamp it would be funny on several different levels.

Self taught. No joke on what's been posted as my first two paintings actually being my first two paintings.

h2ofwlr wrote:I can hear it now if he won... "Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you the winner! Please welcome Fish Felon!"

Haha that would be awesome! I'm counting on you being my hype man h2ofwlr.

GK1 wrote:Is that a Ling Cod ?

It's an untrained artist's second attempt at painting a walleye that does resemble a lin cod a bit.

Walleyes underwater don't resemble how most anglers tend to mentally view them. I.E. out of water after being caught and reeled in. Their abdomen is much larger than when they're living in their natural environment in their natural state---stomach's compressed by water pressure. Even a big sow walleye full of eggs is going to look much skinnier underwater. Their gills and gill plates are shut, bodies compressed and sleak and believe it or not they don't swim around with their mouths open and their fins flared out all the time.

Part of it is that I'm not that good yet....haven't refined my skills....and part of it is that the picture I used as reference was of a live walleye underwater.

Not a fish with it's gut hanging out after getting caught.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:18 am

....and just like that it hit me.

The design and artistic composition that is going to win the MN state walleye stamp competition.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:34 am

A fishy on a spear or in a gil net?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”