Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Final Four & Stadium Crap

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:46 am

Anyone care? Anyone going to any of the games?

You know what I find kind of weird?

How Atlanta gets both the super bowl and final four after us. Build a new stadium and then you get the super bowl and the following year then you get the final four. It happened in the same exact order a year apart for US Bank stadium in Minneapolis and for Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta.

Doesn't that make it seem how this stuff gets "awarded" just that much more contrived?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: Final Four & Stadium Crap

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:39 am

Could give a rat’s ass about the Final Four. IMO, the rich take care of their own with the scheduling of major events right after a new stadium is built...they want to recover their investments as soon as possible. We are the lemmings that support this process.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 am

There have been some damn good basketball games this year so I guess that's my only comment on it. Tickets after the first round are priced so ridiculous that the average guy can't justify going.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 am

Havent watched any bball since the Jordan, Pipen, Rodman and Shaq era.

Highly doubt I'll watch ever again.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 am

I enjoy the college game of basketball way more than the Pro's which I hardly EVER watch, there has been some very good games this year,I love it when Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky are all gone from the Final Four this year,if someone gave me a ticket to the Final Four I wouldn't go, way too many people.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Basketball is lame. The Airbnb folks gotta be happy with the big events coming to Minneapolis with the new stadium.

Fingers crossed the dogs can bring home another national championship at the frozen four next week.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Think I'd watch golf over basketball of any kind

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Final Four & Stadium Crap

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Anyone care? Anyone going to any of the games?

You know what I find kind of weird?

How Atlanta gets both the super bowl and final four after us. Build a new stadium and then you get the super bowl and the following year then you get the final four. It happened in the same exact order a year apart for US Bank stadium in Minneapolis and for Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta.

Doesn't that make it seem how this stuff gets "awarded" just that much more contrived?
Trying to go but my connections are not coming through on tickets. I am not paying 450 bucks to sit in a horrible seat.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 am

I went. Picked up tix on StubHub back in January for my kid's birthday. Basketball is his favorite sport, seemed like a cool dad thing to do and the price all in was comparable to doing a Vike's game, which I scored free tix for last year, so it ends up being a wash in my house.

I co-coached my kid's traveling team this year. It changes your perspective on the game. We had some towering nose bleeds in an upper corner, but you could still see everything.

Watching the Virginia kid sink 3 free throws to win was the coolest single sporting event moment i've ever paid to see. Watching Michigan State melt down was a lesson in how 'not' to play basketball. They sucked, and it was blatantly obvious where and how they sucked from 1,200 feet away.

Being in the rush of emotion when Texas Tech won was the 'experience' part you can't get from a game. Watching Auburn fans lose their shit was almost surreal.

I'd never pay that damn much money to watch a couple basketball games. The joy was sharing the experience with my kid and maybe coming out with some lessons for him on how to win/lose like an F'ing Boss..... No phucking phone other than taking pictures, talking smack with the people around us, congratulating the same people when their team did good, waiting in line with a bunch of drunk guys to piss, his old man biatching about the price of food/beers, seeing that even college kids get/feel phucked by refs, etc.... so much of this is what I remember from going to Met Center with my old man. Hell, couldn't tell you anything about any game I saw there, but can tell you the memories of the experience shit all day long.

Did someone make a shit ton of money off of it.... yep. I'll sleep just fine being a few c-notes lighter, but in reality, it's a life time memory for less than 5 cases of shells.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:16 am

I watched just about all of the first game, great game that came down to the wire, couple controversial calls but hey that's the way it goes, the Auburn kid did foul the kid from Virgina , he had no business being that close and letting a ref have the chance to blow the whistle, bad deal but that's life........

Only watched about half of second game, was quite shocked to see Mich St. lose but Texas Tech plays great Defense, should be a good game tonite...........

Texas Tech 65 Virgina 63
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”