maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Minnehaha Sturgeon

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:37 am

Pretty cool...so where does a fish like that come from? Obviously didn't jump the falls. In the creek for 100 years or is Minnetonka gonna be a new sturgeon fishery mecca? Anybody ever read/seen anything claiming populations of sturgeon in Minnetonka?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Minnehaha Sturgeon

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:50 am

Guess I just stumbled across some video from Minnetonka of a sturgeon some guy took while spearing carp this spring... interesting

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:19 am

There have been rumors of sturgeon sightings in tonka for years. They can jump/climb falls pretty well.

Funny how the dnr can transplant that fish to the missi but that’s highly illegal for any joe blow to do.

People like to stock fish. FF is a perfect example. I may or may not have done that on a private pond when I was a kid. For some reason my buddies dad wouldn’t let anyone on it after it was stocked with crappies...funny how that works. My first Muskie I caught was on a lake that has not inlet or outlet and isn’t supposed to have em. On a lake like tonka they could have been a low density natural fish tho. Kind of like millelacs, gull or pokegama muskies prestocking days.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:38 am

That Sturgeon was not living in the creek for 70 yrs as the creek was dry in the late '80s during the drought when Mtka was down over 5'.
Likely someone released in there as a small fish/hammer handle, or it came down stream from Lake Mtka.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-li ... haha-creek
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:05 am

Did more reading last night and yeah I guess there's been reports of sturgeon form Minnetonka for quite a while. Interesting just not something I've ever heard before.

Course the DNR says nothing regarding where they think it came from, if it's possible they are in the lake, etc. I seriously don't understand their deal why are they so secretive on everything and never comment...like how they are on mountain lions

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:25 am

Roped a fish..hmmm.

Any BS legalities on this in MN?

Might be on to something, smart kids.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Yeah it was illegal...some people are all up in arms about it

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 pm

People should be praising the kids for being outdoors, having fun and releasing the fish. Not enough kids doing that kind of stuff these days.

Social media ruins everything. So glad I’m not on ******.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Exactly. I ain't on social media either people are **** dumb less I have to read/listen/see people the better

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:43 am

Nershi wrote:People should be praising the kids for being outdoors, having fun and releasing the fish. Not enough kids doing that kind of stuff these days.

Social media ruins everything. So glad I’m not on ******.

Yah I’m sure those cake eater Edina kids don’t get enough praise in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”