lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Eco Boost owners, F-150?

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:33 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Crew 6.5' box?

That's the one

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 pm

lanyard wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Crew 6.5' box?

That's the one

Nish nish
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Not that you are asking, but if you want to talk to someone at a dealer look up Damon Melquist at Holt Motors in Cokato, Guys are pretty top notch out there if you get to a point you are looking at going to a dealer. He handles me and my dad's commercial vehicle sales

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:25 am

Turning over 65k on my 2015 3.5 eco. It's sporty, and the 12,5 towing capacity is no joke. I have a buddy with 5.0 in the same year and it's night and day difference. I'm heavy on the pedal, 75-82mph interstate and still see 19mpg. I was seeing 22mpg pretty consistently when I drove like a putz though.

My only hesitation with the smaller engine is I wouldn't want to feel neutered after having the 3.5. This engine and drive train is incredible., it's really nice having a half ton truck with serious towing capacity and not have the suspension of a lumber wagon.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:10 am

EmptyMag- I drove a 86 F150 ext cab w/ 8' box back in to mid 90's and loved it. I now have far more things I haul/tow than I had then and do it on a more regular basis, also want something I can fit into for camping in the bed.

I had to go to Urban Dictionary to learn what "Nish Nish" meant. I am so not cool.

MLDS- I'll check it out. I found one that would for the bill, in the lot, but it's a loooong ways away.

SHNelson- I tend to believe no one ever says "I could use a little LESS power....". The 2.7 would be an issue of price and convenience, not preference.

With the 6.5' box, where I might not like that length once in awhile I'll likely never call myself a stupid MF'er for having too much bed, but would anticipate self loathing every time I loaded for a weekend in the fall with a 5.5' or tossed in the kayaks, hail my kid to college, move my mom, etc

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:31 am

I lucked out when shopping used and found a crew cab with 6.5 box. It's terrible for for parking ramps, but that's about it. Your other points are spot on, in the last two crew cabs I had the 5.5' box and found myself irritated any time a task like that came up - biggest complaint not being able to close the tailgate with a frabill predator loaded up, or just about any other two man flip over ice shack.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:36 am

It's tough I had to compromise. I could probably use a 8' box but use the cab for all my tools, and need it to be a crew to fit everything. Especially the dehus that cannot freeze in winter. But I don't necessarily need a super duty truck for what I haul or tow either in order to get a crew cab 8' box.

The 6.5 does me pretty good most the time,

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:39 am

I lucked out too an xcel energy guy custom ordered my truck and decided last min he didn't want it...dealer wanted it gone

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Found a 2016 XLT SCrew 6.5' w/ 3.5 Ecoboost and 3.55 gear ratio. Max tow package w/ upgraded weight/trailer brake/extended range tank/etc, and inverter w/ 2- 110v outlets.

Only things it could have to make it better are leather/heated seats/sun roof/slider rear window.

The bed liner is a drop in. Anticipate I'll get sprayed, add a tonneau cover, and upgrade front seats at some point. Same place I bought the Fusion, they were generous with that old bird.

Fug'n A: first time in 5 years the Fusion won't be my hunting vehicle. Have to keep reminding myself I'm looking for a truck in the parking lot.

Brake warning came on the car this morning and a head lamp was out. Went to Fleet Farm, bought lamp and brake fluid. Had to move parts to install head lamp. Said F'ck It. Went and bought a truck.

Took lamp and brake fluid back to FF. Service lady thought it was pretty damn good reason for a return :-)

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:23 am

Sweet! Sure you'll love it!

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”