Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Eco Boost owners, F-150?

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:32 am

Enjoy the new ride!

Not putting a topper on it? They are nice to have if you like duck hunting, fishing and camping.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:33 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I lucked out too an xcel energy guy custom ordered my truck and decided last min he didn't want it...dealer wanted it gone

Ever notice the best salesmen always have a story about a specific widget?

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 am

shnelson wrote:Turning over 65k on my 2015 3.5 eco. It's sporty, and the 12,5 towing capacity is no joke. I have a buddy with 5.0 in the same year and it's night and day difference. I'm heavy on the pedal, 75-82mph interstate and still see 19mpg. I was seeing 22mpg pretty consistently when I drove like a putz though.

My only hesitation with the smaller engine is I wouldn't want to feel neutered after having the 3.5. This engine and drive train is incredible., it's really nice having a half ton truck with serious towing capacity and not have the suspension of a lumber wagon.

The problem is a lot of time heavier load you are pulling the heavier the tongue weight. I drive hwy 60 er'day in southern MN and it is insane the amount of 1/2 ton trucks pulling a camper heading West that is way to heavy for the truck suspension, the truck is basically dragging the back bumper. Poor loading of weight is part of problem of course, but way too much trailer for 1/2 ton. It looks

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:02 am

Nershi wrote:Enjoy the new ride!

Not putting a topper on it? They are nice to have if you like duck hunting, fishing and camping.

Longer term will involve a topper, racks, etc.

So far, love it!

It is an effing boat though :-)

Will be interesting to see how it looks on the garage. Wife is going to sh!t.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:57 pm

F'ing thing is fast. Effortlessly fast. The Raptor must be Ludricrous Speed.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:58 pm

lanyard wrote:F'ing thing is fast. Effortlessly fast. The Raptor must be Ludricrous Speed.

Like I said, don't push mine anymore given the miles. But when I had the aftermarket tune in it that added 100 hp and 150 torque, to the wheels, plus take away the drive by wire and turbo lag. Talk about a fun vehicle to drive. It really was pretty incredible the way it drove for a 6k lb truck.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:04 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
shnelson wrote:Turning over 65k on my 2015 3.5 eco. It's sporty, and the 12,5 towing capacity is no joke. I have a buddy with 5.0 in the same year and it's night and day difference. I'm heavy on the pedal, 75-82mph interstate and still see 19mpg. I was seeing 22mpg pretty consistently when I drove like a putz though.

My only hesitation with the smaller engine is I wouldn't want to feel neutered after having the 3.5. This engine and drive train is incredible., it's really nice having a half ton truck with serious towing capacity and not have the suspension of a lumber wagon.

The problem is a lot of time heavier load you are pulling the heavier the tongue weight. I drive hwy 60 er'day in southern MN and it is insane the amount of 1/2 ton trucks pulling a camper heading West that is way to heavy for the truck suspension, the truck is basically dragging the back bumper. Poor loading of weight is part of problem of course, but way too much trailer for 1/2 ton. It looks

Most, yes. These heavy duty half ton ecos though really handle weight well and are set up to with heavier suspension. But most camper salesmen know literally nothing about tonque weight, weight distribution hitches, etc...all they want to do is make a sale. Had to laugh the other day there was a land Rover hauling a huge fiberglass cabin cruiser. Thing should have been getting hauled with a dually probably and here a land Rover was pulling it. Can't fix stupid

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:24 am

Congrats on the truck! It'll treat you well.

The inverter is a bonus, it's really nice having 400w available & I've used it quite a few times now.

Have you toggled it into sport mode yet? Manual is a lot of fun too if you get the itch :D

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:47 pm

shnelson wrote:Congrats on the truck! It'll treat you well.

The inverter is a bonus, it's really nice having 400w available & I've used it quite a few times now.

Have you toggled it into sport mode yet? Manual is a lot of fun too if you get the itch :D

Just discovered the options last night, guessing those will get some work over the weekend. Wish we still had the hunting shack by Warroad..... That place was long on sketchy trails :-)

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:00 pm

shnelson wrote:Congrats on the truck! It'll treat you well.

Ummm, yeah.

Short ramp from 62nd Ave into 169, figured I'd give her the "boost".... as I roll past the lane meter lights I switch it to sport, hit the gas as enter the ramp curve, holy balls! Chirpped the f'ing tires and damn near ran out of lane before I could check traffic.

The Fusion is dead to me now.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”