HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: September Goose

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Have geese in both of the fields we plan to hunt this weekend as of earlier tonight. Numbers in the area are dwindling daily though. What was 150 or so birds spread between 3-4 fields midweek is down to about 60 now. Have noticed the suburbs are already loading up and the F’rs haven’t even been shot at yet. Still way better numbers than last year though.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 am

My buddy I used to go with had kids and hardly hunts anymore. Not really in to geese enough to hunt solo. Not really in a goosey area and any decent field is locked up year in and out. Those are my excuses anyway. Good luck gentlemen.

I’m gonna spend my weekend chasing these. Got a good one right at moonset. Lost a giant that just about pulled my fat ass in. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190831/d89856cf8aeca73e64640f2c9fe6b5da.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:28 am

emptymag wrote:When the hell has goose opener ever been on a Sunday?

Quack wrote:Every time Sept 1 is a Sunday I reckon

^^^ Yep. 2013 was last time, next time is 2024

The earliest it can open per the NAWTA is Sept 1. Or did you want the DNR to wait until next Sat the 7th so you all could really bitch?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Found about 20 or so geese sitting in a cow pasture, got permission to hunt it, sat there from LST to about 10:30 and saw maybe 3 geese the whole time. I think that’s gonna do it for my early goose season, guess the $4 permit is still cheaper than a bar tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:42 am

Saw way more geese Monday than Sunday weird. Fun to get out and get ready for the real season.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:06 am

Drove around Saturday and scouted quite a bit, geese that had been around moved on I guess, didn't see much at all, in fact we seen 1 goose, slept in Sunday morning and then drove around again, never seen a goose or a hunter out hunting.........

and as far as Talcot, it's not even close to what it once was..................

a CO told us that the earliest they can open early goose is Sept. 1st, anything before that they have to go to the Fed's to get approval and he said it wouldn't be worth it for one day, just what we were told, kinda what Al said............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:48 am

I stopped in my hometown on the way back from ND on Sunday and lots of new geese in the parks and feeding in town. A few friends of mine had successful openers in MN. ND was decent overall, saw more MN hunters then on normal weekends with MN opening up. Hopefully get out there the next 2 weekends yet.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am

had some molt migrators fly over head at our cabin in spooner wi heading back south. Fun to see and explain to the 6 year old. went out last year one time for early goose. shot 4. kind of over the early season although it is nice to hide in standing corn with kids in 60 degree weather.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”