shnelson
Mergie Marauder

a letter of intent

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:08 pm

TOS will always have that special spot in my bookmarks, but the last two weeks of working with the guys at VS has indicated that it will never be the same - not even close to what it was just prior to the shift in ownership. It was always my ambition to keep the community running intact, but I guess those efforts fell short in a few different aspects.

The ambition to start a new forum came from the encouragement of a few *** members, and more recently the current turn of events over there. The new admins had a complete lack of urgency around putting spam counter-measures in place, and the malware infested ads are a serious indication of how they operate.

With that, I'd like to welcome anyone brave enough to take the plunge. I can't promise you success with this site, but I can promise to run it with integrity and to keep an open ear to the participating members.
Last edited by shnelson on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Re: a letter of intent

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 am

Thank you for your time and effort on this.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 am

Had to give it a shot, and honestly I don't have much for expectations but figured I'd give guys seeking refuge a spot to regroup.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks for site, now when's the first hunt? Lol!
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks shnelson.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Now that there's a handful of you here, I think it's worth have a discussion around viability of the forum.

What do you expect out of it to make it worth your while? It'll never be what TOS was, but I think it's worth an effort to try and keep as much of that legacy intact as possible.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I would just like some casual conversation about everything duck hunting without the bantering.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 pm

I think we need a forum entitled DRAMA. If you're on the rag take your problems there.

Also I amm unable to post on the south zone. Wanting to post about bird #'s in Roch etc.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:55 pm

South zone should be fixed

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:53 am

shnelson wrote:MWF will always have that special spot in my bookmarks, but the last two weeks of working with the guys at VS has indicated that it will never be the same - not even close to what it was just prior to the shift in ownership. It was always my ambition to keep the community running intact, but I guess those efforts fell short in a few different aspects.

The ambition to start a new forum came from the encouragement of a few MWF members, and more recently the current turn of events over there. The new admins had a complete lack of urgency around putting spam counter-measures in place, and the malware infested ads are a serious indication of how they operate.

With that, I'd like to welcome anyone brave enough to take the plunge. I can't promise you success with this site, but I can promise to run it with integrity and to keep an open ear to the participating members.

Thanks for the explanation Nelson. I wish you well with this new website. I'm sure it will be a challenge but if you can just keep the trolls away-that would be a great start. Make Fowler a mod as
he was good at it in the old days of MWF.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”