emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Why Wear Bands in the Blind?

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Thank you FF.

I cant stand water fowling with a dog. The look on some peoples face when you tell them you duck hunt but don't have a dog...

Field hunting is an even bigger waste of time. Then tryn travel with them guys, gotta feed'em, letem out blah blah blah. Then you gotta find a pet friendly place to stay.

I only hunt locally with one guy that has a dog and his is a machine/robot. Listens and retrieves to a T. Doesn't jump all over or piss on any thing. But best of all it doesn't constantly whine.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Ya I definitely as it right now would not bring my dog out if it wasn't just the GF and myself. He's a handful. He's also one and we are working on it. But id have no problem leaving him at home for a hunt. Dogs can be very very annoying. But at this point our hunts are basically "for fun"...I can't even see the **** bead at the end of my gun and the GF is a bad shot when it comes to anything besides trap.

Not even just hunting...it's annoying when people bring their dogs with them EVERYWHERE. Gf's parents do that. Rode with her parents, brother, her and myself...and 3 big yellow labs...straight through from Minneapolis to Phoenix one Christmas in a suburban. Talk about wanting to jump out of moving vehicle.it was approx 30 hrs o think it took us...worst drive ever. So glad I got an airline ticket to come home early and spend Christmas with my family

GK1
Coot Commander

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:25 am

I like dogs more than people. Except Felon...I love Felon.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 am

GK1 wrote:I like dogs more than people. .

Same here. By a large margin.

And I take my dog everywhere with me. It’s okay tho, people like it, she’s not a stupid slut, most of the time anyway.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 am

Nershi wrote:
GK1 wrote:I like dogs more than people. Except Felon...I love Felon.

Same here. By a large margin.

And I take my dog everywhere with me. It’s okay tho, people like it, she’s not a stupid slut, most of the time anyway.

Awww! Love you guys too. You warmed my cold, tiny, and bitter heart on this very shitty gray day.

I'm a dog guy...and a cat guy I guess. My last dog was almost fifteen before putting him down. Dogs are great.

I'm not the ruthless killer I once was and don't mind sacrificing a few shooting opportunities to enjoy a guy getting to bring his dog along.....

....keywords being "a few."

I also don't go hunting to watch a dude let his couch-snuggle-buddy go swimming, play in the mud, and watch it run around and FUBAR what I was told was going to be a duck hunt.

Sometimes that becomes a fine line that gets too blurred for some guys.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:47 pm

My old, now deceased buddy, always brought his “Shining Couch Potato Retriever” when we go out. The only retrieves that dog made was for the sugar donuts in the blind bag. Lost several birds because it would rather sleep than work.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”