Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: Celebrating A Beautiful Day

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Devils Lake to get 2 to 3 feet and 60mph winds. All those ducks are on their way to fowlers hot spot.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Bailey wrote:Devils Lake to get 2 to 3 feet and 60mph winds. All those ducks are on their way to fowlers hot spot.

Just read that , sure glad I don't have trip planned for up there this weekend......it will push all the birds out of that area I would think......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:03 pm

lanyard wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:So I read the forecast off for the cabin to the GF and I got the feeling cabin trip may not happen this weekend. Birds are so fing stupid first snow though it could be great hunting. Really want to try and get her up there when the hunting is great she's never experienced it. We'll see. Definitely looks chilly though with those temps and winds. Honestly could be the most epic hunt of my generation...books will be written about it

Apologies if I missed it, but what general area is the cabin?

Longville area. I sold it as she didn't have to go out and hunt with me if the weather was too crappy lol. Main purpose was to help Dad get the dock and pontoon out anyway. Told her maybe we could drive up the north shore saturday afternoon to see the colors. Maybe try to convince dad to come out with me Saturday morning don't think he's gone in a few years since the last time I took him...like me he's got the detached retina in his shooting eye so don't go much anymore. Got a couple half reliable people on call for me so unless something major happens tomorrow I think we are going

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:30 am

Good for you, man.

Popping the question along the North Shore, stay classy MLDS 8-)

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:11 am

My buddy went to Devils lake yesterday pulling his argo. They will be stuck inside all day today. Sent me a video pretty much horse sh!t up there. Im betting there wont be many ducks left in that area for a good 3 weeks until it all melts. the 10 day high up there doesnt look good for melting it. What a complete mess. Im suppose to be going to DL the 24th. Will still go, left my motor and decoys up there, but we may head south after 2 days of seeing nothing.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:26 am

randywatson wrote:My buddy went to Devils lake yesterday pulling his argo. They will be stuck inside all day today. Sent me a video pretty much horse sh!t up there. Im betting there wont be many ducks left in that area for a good 3 weeks until it all melts. the 10 day high up there doesnt look good for melting it. What a complete mess. Im suppose to be going to DL the 24th. Will still go, left my motor and decoys up there, but we may head south after 2 days of seeing nothing.

Its suppose to keep snowing there for another 2 days. Three feet possible. Buddy in SD says they have 5 inches so far.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:29 am

randywatson wrote:My buddy went to Devils lake yesterday pulling his argo. They will be stuck inside all day today. Sent me a video pretty much horse sh!t up there. Im betting there wont be many ducks left in that area for a good 3 weeks until it all melts. the 10 day high up there doesnt look good for melting it. What a complete mess. Im suppose to be going to DL the 24th. Will still go, left my motor and decoys up there, but we may head south after 2 days of seeing nothing.

I hope they brought alot of booze!!

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:19 pm

A group of friends drove all night through that stuff to get to Manitoba. All I know is that they made it there.

I went out this morning expecting to see something on the move. Saw little to nothing but did manage 4 blue wing teal in only 2 shots.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Bailey wrote:

I hope they brought alot of booze!!

They hit the tequilla pretty hard i guess.

now they are out saving stranded motorist with his argo that he brought with apparently.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Kinda odd we have a south wind, I don't think much will be going south but I see the northern part of the state having some good hunting...that's the hope at least

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”