cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Compartive Spending....Waterfowl Hunting vs Other Sports

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:45 am

In your yearly budget, which sport(s) gets the lion's share of the mortgage payment? Do you spend more on waterfowl hunting or on other sports?

IMO, if you are a diehard fan of the Twins, Wolves, Vikings, Wild, your are probably spending more on these activities (i.e. Tickets, sportswear, parking, etc.) than on the pursuit of waterfowl.

Personally, I'm more of a participant rather than a spectator, so professional sports are out for me.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: Compartive Spending....Waterfowl Hunting vs Other Sports

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 am

I get invited to all the above at different points. The more I go the less I want to go back, maybe an age thing and I'm becoming more of a homebody.

I like going to a couple twins game a year, tickets are still reasonable. Spend 30 on a beer and dog or whatever. The vikings are insanely expensive, probably drop 300 for a game, stupid. Wild/wolves suck. I spend little on entertainment so I have no problem getting good shit for hunting.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:21 am

Daycare.

We have mortgages on 2 properties and still pay more each month for people to watch our 2 kids.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:34 am

Almost every dime I spend out side of necessities is on hunting or shooting.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm

About the only thing I buy for duck hunting now is shells and I usually buy up a few cases at end of year deals, have all the boats, decoys, trailers and calls I will ever need, hardly use any of them like I thought I would.......

my most expensive hobby is trap shooting, seems that gets most of my money now........

went to a Twins game this summer and have no desire to ever go back, way toooo many people up there..............

and don't slug hunt any more, little late season bowhunt is all......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:33 pm

I haven't spent anything more than a bit of gas & licensing fees to waterfowl hunt in the last 5 years. Still working through a few flats of shotshells that I purchased a long time ago.

Even if I was refreshing waterfowl gear every season, it's still a drop in the bucket when I compare it to the monthly expenditures of competitive shooting & even more so since switching to 308/45 this year. Though that budget is slowly getting chiseled away as the little one gets into things like gymnastics, dance and a general love for the outdoors - which I'm excited about.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:46 pm

I just spent more tonight than I have probably the last 5 years combined.$200. Dog vest, decoy bag, paddle, 2 dozen mallard decoys...and a bag of apple licorice. GF's low carb diet has cut into my sweets so gotta get them when I can. I should be good again for another 5 years

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:03 pm

Pretty much all my free money goes to hunting and fishing crap, whether I need it or not! I don't do anything else.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:13 am

Kid's sports suck the budgets: time AND money.

Few years and the youngest will be a freshman. These are the days I work we would have popped then buggers out earlier.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:20 am

We have 2 mortgages on 2 houses, 1 in Rochester township (4200 sq ft 1.5 acre lot the other in Burnett county wi 3200 sq ft house 1 acre lot 175 feet of shoreline on a lake. Interestingly enough I pay less in taxes on both my properties then my buddies who live in Byron Mn on 0.2 acre lot. So i feel like im winning there.

I spend more on hunting trips and my kids. Hate watching pro sports. NBA is a joke, MLB sesason could be cut in half and football is now the dont touch league. Hockey is about the only legit sport out there
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”