lanyard
Mergie Marauder

You got OCD tendencies, too?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Okay, i"ve been working on some of this stuff for years.

What i"ve improved on:
all my clothes do not have to hang buttons the left anymore (army hangover)

I don't turn other people's toilet paper around when they hang it backwards

Things that drive me nuts:

my wife slices cheese on edge, so it cuts across through the whole width and makes it crooked... i have to cut it straight

when eating clementine's i'm insanely goal oriented about getting it all in one "peel"

once eggs start leaving the carton I have to rearrange the remaining eggs so the carton is balanced

What you got?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: You got OCD tendencies, too?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:24 pm

My obsessive lifelong mission is to make sure all females wipe front to back

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 pm

lanyard wrote:once eggs start leaving the carton I have to rearrange the remaining eggs so the carton is balanced

My girlfriend leaves the empty shells in the carton. I flipped out when I saw that

Sent from a phancy fone

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Goldfish wrote:
lanyard wrote:once eggs start leaving the carton I have to rearrange the remaining eggs so the carton is balanced

My girlfriend leaves the empty shells in the carton. I flipped out when I saw that

Sent from a phancy fone

My wife did that when we were dating. Drove me nuts. One day I finally snapped. She said I had anger issues. Occasionally she will still do it.

I still hang my clothes buttons left, but I've only been out a little over a year.

My tools get cleaned and put back in order every time I use them. If something isn't where it should be I kinda fly off the handle.

One thing that drives my wife nuts is I hate to half ass something I build. I figure if in gunna build something or make something I might as well do my best and do it right.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 pm

lanyard wrote:Okay, i"ve been working on some of this stuff for years.

What i"ve improved on:
all my clothes do not have to hang buttons the left anymore (army hangover)

I don't turn other people's toilet paper around when they hang it backwards

Things that drive me nuts:

my wife slices cheese on edge, so it cuts across through the whole width and makes it crooked... i have to cut it straight

when eating clementine's i'm insanely goal oriented about getting it all in one "peel"

once eggs start leaving the carton I have to rearrange the remaining eggs so the carton is balanced

What you got?

If those are your biggest problems in life---you live a very blessed life.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm

chevyobsession wrote:One thing that drives my wife nuts is I hate to half ass something I build. I figure if in gunna build something or make something I might as well do my best and do it right.

I always over build things, but it paid off I recently found out so you can tell her it's for a reason.

I built a big shelf in the garage that hooks darn near everything seeing as I live in a town house. I built that sucker sturdy. Well, I finally cut a hole in the garage ceiling to store stuff up there because I couldn't fit all my crap on the shelf and it turns out the drywall on the ceiling was doubled up. If I didn't build that thing with such high standards, I would have used screws that wouldn't have mad it into the studs. You can guess what would have happened once I got all that weight on a shelf only supported by drywall

Sent from a phancy fone

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 pm

I still do the toilet paper thing.

I also arrange the eggs to balance the cartoon out.

If two things have a straight edge they will be parallel to each other.

In the fridge all the beer has to be lined up properly, equal number of cans in each row, if it can't be done either have another or build a pyramid.

Heat or air in car/house need to be in increments of 5. ie 60, 65, 70 and so on.

I also clean every tool when I'm done with the job, and is put back in its case or my tool box. But I just see that as being clean rather than obsessive. Maybe it is.

My ratchet straps need to be folded exactly how I like or they won't stay properly. I have unfolded them in front of people who just did them for me so I could re-do them.

I'm sure there are more I can't think of

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 pm

^^^^ My heat has to be in even numbers.

One on the edge is how insane I get in the head when someone wraps decoys that doesn't know what they are doing. I can deal if you "get it" and wind opposite direction, but watching bad anchor line wrapping, well, my mother called me Francis once....

Fowler~ these aren't really life's biggest problems. these are the odd ball things that drive us nuts routinely.

I will admit, I do lead a blessed life, big problems and all, but think that is a matter of choice, hard work and dealing with the big problems rather than taking it personally as a hit and being a victim.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:51 am

"I will admit, I do lead a blessed life, big problems and all, but think that is a matter of choice, hard work and dealing with the big problems rather than taking it personally as a hit and being a victim."

I think most eveyone will agree with that in their lives too.

And the decoys wrapping thing did catch my attention. I just loathe it when they wind it up the opposite way as it really screws up my rythym when setting out decoys the next time.

And I have "spots" for the different items in my boat. The gear box, shell boxes, and emergency box each have their spot. One thing about that is I know axactly where it is when I need it but also allows me to have enough foot room to manuver while settings decoys, etc.

"I also clean every tool when I'm done with the job, and is put back in its case or my tool box. But I just see that as being clean rather than obsessive. Maybe it is.

My ratchet straps need to be folded exactly how I like or they won't stay properly. I have unfolded them in front of people who just did them for me so I could re-do them."

You would freak out if you saw my shop or truck . Tools laying all over the place, rathcet straps thrown into a bucket with other stuff in the back of my truck, etc. :lol:
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:03 am

Just sitting here thinking, I don't have any OCD tendencies. What that mean I'm lazy or just carefree?
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”