Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Big push #2 updates

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:02 am

Bailey wrote:https://youtu.be/WpZ8JqCYyG4
I love to hunt but that looks flat out miserable. That is bullet style hunting!!!

F that!!!

I'd have went home.
Dominate The Skies.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:56 am

Bailey wrote:https://youtu.be/WpZ8JqCYyG4
I love to hunt but that looks flat out miserable. That is bullet style hunting!!!

That was an incredible hunt! I’d hire them for guides.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 am

Walking thru waist deep snow for a ditch parrot is not my idea of fun............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:27 am

9manfan wrote:Walking thru waist deep snow for a ditch parrot is not my idea of fun............

hunted ditch parrots in SD a few years back. wasnt the snow as much as the humidity that sukd that wknd. Never got above -10 both days of hunting. Had to carry my dog out of the field that day she was so hypothermic. will never forget that hunting trip. It's always the extremes that a guy remembers.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:00 pm

randywatson wrote:
9manfan wrote:Walking thru waist deep snow for a ditch parrot is not my idea of fun............

hunted ditch parrots in SD a few years back. wasnt the snow as much as the humidity that sukd that wknd. Never got above -10 both days of hunting. Had to carry my dog out of the field that day she was so hypothermic. will never forget that hunting trip. It's always the extremes that a guy remembers.

Did you get them at least?

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:02 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Did some scouting today in e/c mn in an area that usually holds mallards and geese. All the corn is still up, like all of it. Didn't see a duck, saw some swans and a few geese, but nowhere near as many as normal.

Maybe AL can get us on a hot cornfield in southern, mn this weekend as it freezes. I think he has lots of connections.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:40 pm

Bailey wrote:
get-n-birdy wrote:Did some scouting today in e/c mn in an area that usually holds mallards and geese. All the corn is still up, like all of it. Didn't see a duck, saw some swans and a few geese, but nowhere near as many as normal.

Maybe AL can get us on a hot cornfield in southern, mn this weekend as it freezes. I think he has lots of connections.

Don’t you think that dead horse has been beat up enough? Especially now that he is back. I swear half your posts are about Al.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
Hansen wrote:There is very little corn out in the North or South Dakota. My guess the result is most birds will push past.

I believe that is exactly what is happening, including Minnesota. We killed a bunch of Mallards full of smartweed this weekend. In my experience, they're almost never on smartweed when temps are in the freezing neighborhood.

I concur.

I'm shocked by how few ducks and geese are in the cities right now. There ain't shit!

Normally it'd be stacked all over...

My brother down by Northfield normally has geese flying from every direction by his farm....just north of the Faribault chain of lakes....and usually holding a lot of birds right now.

Even lake Hiawatha, two blocks from my old house, and to a lesser extent Nokomis....would be holding a grand easy for ducks and geese apiece....and often times several times that....and all I saw was a handful of mallards on the last wide spot of Minnehaha creek prior to the falls.

Maybe part of that is the river being fukced and all the sandbars and shoreline normally exposed where a fair amount of birds would be roosting being flooded right now, but my opinion is that it has way more to do with lack of corn out.

My Iowa farmer relatives....and any Southern MN and IA farmer really....are bitching about the propane shortage and prices......

......but the dumb motherfukcers are trying to harvest corn with 25% to 27% moisture content and then dry it down to 14%

AKA?

Grain Farmers = Fukced
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Speaking of Minnehaha....I really want to be a sleazeball and post some pics of my girlfriend in an effort that is the total opposite of a "humble brag"

Because Good-God, why this young, awesome chick, who has everything going for her wants to be all over my nuts....fukc if I know, since it isn't "Daddy Issues" from anything I can tell....and I tried to Look into that extensively since nothing else explains it....

Fugg It! Sometimes it's best to not look a gift horse in the mouth and accept the offerings the Good Lord presents you with.....

20191106_160134.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:16 pm

That broad turnin you soft Felon?

SIIHB

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”