Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

What Was Your Best Outdoor Experience Of 2019?

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Since we can count the days left in the year with our the fingers at this point......Might as well stick a fork in it....this bitch is cooked.

Ahhh, another year.....still up to the same old shit.

At least speaking for myself. 2008-2015 were good years for me that progressively got better until about 2013 & '14, then taking a step down due to business and career stuff being prioritized in 2015, before my life imploded to a degree I'd never previously considered possible....and then having 2016 and 2017 be my personal hell on earth that drove me to the brink of madness before clawing my way back, 2018 was better and an important step in the right direction but still sucked relative to my good years, and 2019?

It had it's ups and downs, it's trials and tribulations, and the low points that occurred during the year were low enough to where it isn't an unrealistic goal to never experience things being that bad again......but overall 2019 was alright, maybe even borderline pretty good.

I fished a lot, worked a couple different jobs from being a sewer technician/drain cleaner at the start and a bartender from April through September....made good money bartending, fished a ton, and hooked up with a hot blonde nineteen year before dating and banging on the regular a hot blonde twenty year old. Fall I shot some birds, caught some fish, and went on my brother's moose hunt.

If I had to pick my top outdoor experience from the year it would be.......

......I don't know.

I'm going to have to think about it before picking which one will stand out in my memory the most vividly, fondly, or often down the road.

What's your guys's best outdoor experience from 2019?

What are you hoping for in 2020? From a hunting and fishing standpoint, life standpoint, or a mix of all of the above?

I'm expecting big things for me in 2020. What I've been working on for a long time now will conclude in the coming year, and that will set the course my life path goes down one way or the other.

Since this has a similar feel of an annual recap shared on a Christmas card....

Merry Christmas!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: What Was Your Best Outdoor Experience Of 2019?

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:27 pm

Best part was watching the dog get his first birds.

2020...I'd really love to get back out to Dakota's spring snow goosin and go to the cabin ice fishing a few times...both of which I haven't done for 2 years.

A lot of that rides on what happens with work...as I've had a whole new slew of developments with that which has added to my stress, pain, and anger. Basically I've taken steps to turn things around the way "I" want them(sales and profitability wise) just to have them come back and say naw that ain't good enough you do so and so much sales or we are letting other people market your "exclusive" territory and then who's going to want to buy it? Basically saying sell now or risk us steamrolling you the **** over if you don't do what we want. **** piss me off man. I'm not sure what direction I'm going yet.

Because on the bright side... something id love to full time...has taken off for me in 2019. Not quite to the point I could actually do it full time...but getting pretty close. And that is trading the stock market. I've pretty much figured out how this works and that is the entire market is a pump and dump and scheme for making money out of thin air. Once you go into it with that understanding and can read what the charts and trading volume tell you it gets very easy to see when stocks will get pumped...you don't trade stocks you are reading the psychology of other people and how they will react when a stock behaves a certain way.

Dow is up what...22% this year...many are ecstatic when their retirement accounts get 10-20% gains. That's all a ruse...they use your money to make money for themselves then give you a small chunk back and people are brainwashed that that small chunk is the norm, a great return, and that you need to work your entire life and stash as much money as you can into these accounts (so they can use that money to make money for themselves) just to see a small return.

I've got 2 accounts each up over 100% this year...which by most accounts would blow people's minds...but I'm still fine tuning things and have had plenty of ups and downs. Ones actually up 150% since April(account went down first 3 months of the year)as I tried trading when I was super busy at work last winter and that doesn't work out, you make mistakes. While it's easy you still need to focus and abide by strict rules...if you don't it's unforgiving. And why most blow up their accounts. I've been doing it 3 years now and finally figured it out...90% blow up within 6 months which is why they never figure it out.

This is something that I very strongly love doing...figuring out what it'll do before it does it is so rewarding...and would provide me the freedom I'm looking for. I'm not trying to be a wolf of wall St and make millions of dollars, all I want is freedom which will make me happy. That's all I want.

If I can do even better in 2020....there's a very good chance by the end of 2020 I'll sell my company and do this full time. Honestly...my success doing this is the only thing that has really kept me somewhat on the tracks. And I'm so excited for a new year for the first time in a long time, to see where this trading takes me. Could be life changing and that's an exciting thought. And keeps me pushing harder and harder to my goal

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Merry Christmas! Shitter was full!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:45 am

Wow man, that's freaking bad ass that you're doing that well in the market. I've met multiple people that were day traders, just as clients of a business I was working for at the time. They were very well to do and living more than a'ight.

I've long since thought (before knowing) the market is a way to create wealth out of thin air, but I have no friggin' clue what the rules of the game are....or where to start in figuring them out. It sounds like you have.

Would you mind sharing more? I'm really interested in explaining what some of the markers are that you're looking for, even just a quick basic run down. Or a good place to start learning for myself...a recommended study guide if you will.

Hypothetically....let's say you sell your business this next year and are trading as your full time gig. Ten months from now there's a 2007-08 like crash, or correction to the market.

What's your contingency for that?

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything....or assume that'd even be possible. There's always money to be made in the market, even when it's down.

I'm not sure exactly what your business does. I know you do a lot of house stuff. It almost sounds like you're contracted through Centerpoint doing home warranty/services plus. When I was doing drain cleaning they made up a shitload of our business....like a third to over half. They were also a pain in the ass. I'm guessing it'd be something like that.....

Hopefully you can sell the business, keep rocking out it at day trading, and live the good life.

Shitter's full Haha! I have an uncle in NW IA that sounds and even looks like cousin Eddy.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:01 am

First, “ Happy Holidays” to all. Thanks for another year of entertainment.

2019 was pretty mellow. Hardly fired a shot, except on a few Ditch Tigers. Built & placed bird houses, feeders, bat houses, squirrel & wood duck boxes, & chickadee roosts around the neighborhood Planted new trees for a shelter line. Raised & released more pheasants. Loved everyday on the green side of the grass. Learned that hip arthritis is a minor inconvenience Bought a new UTV and LOVE it!!

2020: Hope to do more of the same and add more hunting time. Hopefully a trip or two to SoDak for spring snows.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Wow man, that's freaking bad ass that you're doing that well in the market. I've met multiple people that were day traders, just as clients of a business I was working for at the time. They were very well to do and living more than a'ight.

I've long since thought (before knowing) the market is a way to create wealth out of thin air, but I have no friggin' clue what the rules of the game are....or where to start in figuring them out. It sounds like you have.

Would you mind sharing more? I'm really interested in explaining what some of the markers are that you're looking for, even just a quick basic run down. Or a good place to start learning for myself...a recommended study guide if you will.

Hypothetically....let's say you sell your business this next year and are trading as your full time gig. Ten months from now there's a 2007-08 like crash, or correction to the market.

What's your contingency for that?

Thanks! So yeah, I even thought about possibly starting up another thread if people wanted to know more or were interested in following along. I'm not trying to brag or anything I just really really love doing this and so badly want to full time. I'm also not claiming to know all...but 90% of people can't even make a penny doing this and lose all their money in 6 months. That's a true statistic.

There's so much to go over I can't possibly touch on it all...but again the whole market is about manipulation and psychology/what other people are going to do. Nothing to do with a stocks financials, products...blah blah blah it's all a smoke show.

For instance...when a stock is falling huge...say down 70% on the year...most people look the other way, go what garbage, blah blah blah. When a stock is going down...that's when shorts cover and bulls start accumulating.

See...shorts need liquidity to sell into. When is there high liquidity to sell into? When there's positive news/prospects/stock price increasing. There's all sorts of retail bulls ready to buy shares cause oh my God, look at that great news! This stock is bullish asf. Shorts aren't shorting on the way down they short into the liquidity on the way up. And bulls start selling out positions as well so there's massive selling pressure. Once that pressure outweighs what retail can absorb, price starts falling

All of a sudden stock takes turn down and retail bulls go, oh just a little pullback all this great news it's gonna keep going up. I'll buy this pullback. They buy and add to their losses...stock keeps going down.

As the price slides...and retail bulls are going this is a POS why did I ever buy this I should just take my 50% loss...shorts begin covering and in the know bulls start buying(like shorts need liquidity on the way up bulls need liquidity on the way down to load), while still driving the price down. Eventually those retail bulls all sell out and the stock reaches capitulation, and the stock will start going back up.

I typically stay away from large caps as they are tightly controlled by institutions and algos that control price. The price movement isn't organic. It's AI. I focus mostly on small caps.

In small caps...there's whole bull/bear groups that basically try to burn each other by pumping either short of long...so you need to be careful and understand what orders going through are telling you.

My main rules:

#1 Everything is manipulation be skeptical and make your own assessments. People get all excited when they see their stock gets a price "upgrade". Do you really think these research companies are going to pay all of these people....have all this expense...to put this research out for free to the masses LMAO. Is that not the most ridiculous thing you have heard? They are driving liquidity and it's up to you to figure out why. Most often they were paid by somebody...a short focused fund...to drive liquidity for the fund to sell into.

#2 Keep losses small. It's incredibly hard to recover a 20% loss...takes a lot of winning trades. You need to nip it in the butt 3-5% loss max... automatically. Just hit the button.

#3 Small gains add up. There's times/stocks that you can go for those larger 10-20% gains, even higher. But 90% of the time you are doing great by taking 2-5% gains and looking for the next play. It's very very easy to take consistent 2% gains but everyone wants that 100% home run in one day. If you take 2 2% trades daily in 10k positions that's $400 a day 100k a year...thsts awesome. But so many go for that 100% run. So they hold something they shouldn't and a gain turns into a loss. This is the whole reason why every once in a while they will run stocks 100-800% in a day...so it's in the back of people's minds "maybe this is the next huge mover like that". Never give in to that mindset always lock gains

#4 position size. Never go big, no matter how much of a sure thing you think the play is. Especially with small/med cap stocks. These are garbage companies you can get hit with bad drug trial news, stock offerings, whatever. You never know. You are heavy in one trade and all of a sudden it drops 75%...you just blew up

#5 Always trade with a plan...never emotion. Once you figure out what you are doing, you need to trust in yourself and let the trade work. They can do stop loss raids to steal shares etc. Always trade based of what the price action/chart/volume are telling you...never emotion

As far as if we hit a downturn...I'd have to learn some new tactics...focus on shorting more. But there will always be pumps leading up to drug data releases for example, mergers etc. They always pump. And you can always short stuff. Trading would only be one aspect, I'd like to just flip houses by myself as well...on my own schedule with no customer. So I'd have that as well. But I'm pretty confident I'd be able to adjust and thrive. I think the biggest tell that I have a good grasp of this is that I have had several 10-20% downturns where I slip up and stop following rules...every time I buckle down and make it back. That consistency tells you the strategy is working if you follow the RULES

I'm in no way a certified financial planner and none of this should be used as investing advice. But for me this works.

If this does interest anybody, I'm more than willing to open a different thread and share more thoughts. It's fine if you think it's all blowing smoke as well I completely understand, cause for years I never trusted/thought I'd put money in the stock market

Far as my business, I own a water/fire damage cleanup franchise in homes and businesses, so basically the corp office is telling me my sales aren't high enough (I'm not making them enough money) even though I'm happy (thought this was my business I bought into lol?). With the pressure from our corp office... insurance companies...and customers....this in no way feels like I own a business any longer. I'm basically working for 3 bosses and only see the prospects getting worse and worse here. I saw this coming a year plus ago though, even told lanyard I was worried cause my goals weren't aligned with the corp office....well the result of that is coming to a head. So it wasn't necessarily a surprise but it still does piss me off

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Wow, great great stuff! Thanks for sharing. A fair amount of it makes sense.

I really fukcing wish I could tell you what I have going on. You're for sure familiar with....fukc! Even just alluding to really anything right now would be super irresponsible and beyond retarded. Once it's all over with.....we're going to have to meet up so I can buy you a beer and tell you a story that I know with complete confidence you're going to find it to be really entertaining. Truth is stranger than fiction my friend.

As far as market cap, what ranges are we talking? Big ones being $25billion and up? What's your sweet spot $5bil to $10bil?

Very basic simple logistics question unrelated to strategy---how do you make these trades?

Company, software platform, what thype of accounts are connected to them, hell....what channel do you watch the ticker on??
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Sounds good!

Typically under $500 mil market cap...often time referred to as penny stocks even though I trade up to $10 share price stock...sometimes I trade large caps but I really like the small caps...those get manipulated most and as long as you can read the manipulation that's going to take place you can trade it profitably.

So...several years ago a trading app called Robinhood introduced zero commission trades. Long story short, this started a commission war and several large brokers offer zero fee trades now...I use TD Ameritrade. They have great software and customer service. And why I feel so strongly that everyone should be trying to trade an account and learn the stock market...there's zero fees now. Even if you trade with $100 account...you can practice and it won't cost you an arm and a leg if you lose.

Zero commission...but there will be a trade off there no doubt(manipulation)...these brokers will sell your position data to funds to make up the loss of income you better believe that. Day trades and short term swing trades will be the way to go so they don't blow you out of positions

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Best part of 2019, 16gauging everything and getting outta my Silverado and into a titan.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:17 pm

2019 sucked.

I can’t imagine 2020 being worse but I also can’t even stand to invest the effort.

2020 will be year of effort so minimal I won’t even refer to it as hunting. It’ll just be coffee and donuts on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”