browningguy18
Mergie Marauder

Re: Texas Church Shooting

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:02 pm

My wife and I have been wanting to take the Concealed Carry for a while now. Would make for some good date nights at the gun range. My father in law carries most of the time including every Sunday at mass.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:04 am

^^^^My wife got her PTC and it's given us a new hobby to participate in together.

Prior I don't think she "got it" when it came to purchasing guns/parts/ammo/reloading stuff. She doesn't carry as often as I (nearly 100% of the time) but I sleep better, especially when I'm gone for work knowing she's able to manipulate a firearm and has good overall understanding of them not coming from a firearm family or growing up with them.

browningguy18
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 pm

^^^^^ That is awesome.

My wife is already pretty into firearms and stuff. Not that I mind the thought of carrying but I bet my wife will carry way more than I do. She gets it from her dad. When we went hunting together this year, at the end we had to take a moment before going home so she could try shooting her dads new handgun. Also her cousins are cops, so they all shoot a lot of the time at get togethers. I never really had the chance to get into handguns I was too busy shooting shotguns. We both are excited for trips to gun range to shoot though. I get what you say about the piece of mind. Right now we keep a pump shotgun she knows how to handle really well with a handful of defense shells in a quickly accessible area for her (don't worry not for my kids) and me and it does help when you are gone. I will say I am excited for her to carry at some point too. With all the scary crap you hear about in grocery store and convenience stores and parking lots, I am all for her carrying. All her cousins have already been showing her what gun to get and how to carry properly. I hope my daughters follow in her footsteps. I have already begun the familiarization process with my oldest as we go out in the backyard and shoot the pellet gun. She loves it.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”