Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Texas Church Shooting

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Ok I have sat at mass on several occasions wondering what I would do if this happened. I have CCW and have never carried in church but really feel like it might be time.
Anyone else have a thought on this?
TaG

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Texas Church Shooting

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:02 pm

I have occasionally carried concealed at church, especially around Christmas and Easter.

We occasionally get a few strangers that show up... usually late, single adult males, that saunter on down to the front and every time I wonder... is he with us or is he trouble. So good so far but I get real uneasy.

For the record the last time it happened the fella sat with us at coffee afterward and I gave him a ride to the old Walmart afterwards. He was ok but then I missed 3 sundays in a row so I don’t know if he’s “joining” or moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:13 pm

I am finding myself carrying a piece more often and in more places than I thought I ever would. Perhaps a reflection of ever changing, unpredictable, senseless, violent times. I never thought I would ever see the day when I would be so concerned where I go, what I say, what I do, or what I believe.

Like the old saying goes, “ It is better to have one and not need it rather than need it and not have it.”
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Had to Google it don't watch news anymore...that's too bad a couple got shot but outstanding that #1 the church had a security team that appears to be made up of people that actually knew how to react in that situation and #2 this prevented further disaster. So what have the anti gun people been saying regarding this?

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:06 pm

Watched the vid several times. Happened so damn fast. First dude is a hero even tho he just ate a blast. Should have stayed seated cause he just made himself a target when he stood up. Def makes me think I’d rather have a gun on my hip and nowhere else. Of course I’m just armchair QB’ing here. I felt bad for the first two guys but the game was already rigged against them. Best you can hope for at that point is a recently cleared browser history.

I guess the boomer with the big iron was well trained, but even still, to just draw and dome check a guy with one shot? Impressive. I guess he had a Sig 229 in .357 Sig.

Mess with gods hour, get the sig sauer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:15 am

Kudos to the man that ended the situation! Looks like the first guy to get shot drew a sidearm, but wasn't quick enough.
Dominate The Skies.

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:57 am

Yeah that first guy was not quick enough on the draw. That took some big balls to draw on the shooter when he already had his gun out and pointing at him.
Kudos to the whole group, without them it could have been much worse for sure.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:38 am

90% of the time I’m out of the house, I’m carrying. Church included.

I’ve got to look into a different carry sidearm. Glock 17 on my skinny frame doesn’t hide too well.

New glock 48??? I think it is seems interesting
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:41 am

Scary shit. I think about it every time I go, like Quack said when I see a single male new guy who looks kinda weird my antenna goes up. Nice thing is a Glock 42 fits nicely in a coat pocket but what scares me is my lack of accuracy with that little gun, the shooter would have to be close. I can't hit shit with a hang gun to start with.

These guys had balls, can't even front that I could do the same in that situation.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:46 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Watched the vid several times. Happened so damn fast. First dude is a hero even tho he just ate a blast. Should have stayed seated cause he just made himself a target when he stood up. Def makes me think I’d rather have a gun on my hip and nowhere else. Of course I’m just armchair QB’ing here. I felt bad for the first two guys but the game was already rigged against them. Best you can hope for at that point is a recently cleared browser history.

I guess the boomer with the big iron was well trained, but even still, to just draw and dome check a guy with one shot? Impressive. I guess he had a Sig 229 in .357 Sig.

Mess with gods hour, get the sig sauer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great quote. I always said if I am stumbling into the ER on death's door step as I approach the help desk my last act will be to pull out my cell phone and spike it into the floor just in case I don't make it.

And that old dude just yanking his gat and putting a hole in the head of guy blasting away with a shotgun??? Ice water in his veins, f'ing badass.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”