Quack
Mergie Marauder

What’s everyone doin?

Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:46 am

Covid sure shut this place down!

We went to a family movie on Saturday morning sponsored by the school... guess that’ll be the last public function for a while.

My work is pretty solid for social distancing, so I’m still at it until I become a stay at home dad.

Wife’s work has her scheduled for pto next week even though she didn’t request it, we’re thinking that’s probably good luck working in our favor.

Will be a rough go if families across the country have to home school for 3 months. No one has said it for sure, but everyone I know is assuming that’s the scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: What’s everyone doin?

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:48 am

I’m doing some yard work, trimming shrubs & picking up branches. Building some bird houses and going through seed catalogs. Trying some new recipes and decluttering the house & garage.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:52 am

Still working, sure glad I am a 1 man shop right now, get a few people stopping by each day but no big crowds for this guy, have enough wrecked cars lined up for about 6 weeks, hope this crap is starting to wind down by then...........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:16 am

Saw the 1st visibly very anxious (just about coming unglued) people last Friday...
Sure was weird having most of the churches close in such a short notice this past Sunday.
I've been doing MHN and WDB for the last 1.5 weeks... got all the over water checks done the other day, now doing reinstalls and new sets thru Sunday. (10% take 80% of the time).
Next week is get ready a truck for sale, then sawing and splitting, stacking wood for next winters use.
Then garage clean out, insulating more of the garage ceiling, sheet rocking that portion, then painting, then move stuff back in that area. etc.
Then the weather will dictate either working or more garage stuff.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

GK1
Coot Commander

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:36 am

Snow goose hunting.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:17 am

We all decided to cancel on snow goose hunting :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:23 am

Watching my children. I’ve got an odd rotating work schedule that my wife works around part time so we don’t need daycare.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:54 am

Working my normal hours at work so far. I don't have the option to work from home. We are only doing meetings with skype and having as many people that we can work from home. Time will tell if we end up having to stay home from work.

GK1
Coot Commander

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:00 pm

[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]We all decided to cancel on snow goose hunting :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote

Why?

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:40 pm

GK1 wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]We all decided to cancel on snow goose hunting :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote

Why?

Hours likely getting cut for the short time, as work was already really slow for me. Not a good time to be spending money. If I was better set up to camp I’d probably just go but we usually get hotels and eat out every night and Im worried bars/restaurants might close even out there pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”