Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

COVID-19 Stats

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 am

The most accurate figures out there:

Mortality rate on kids under 9 = 0.0000161 or .00161%

Mortality rate for people younger than 40 = 0.0016 or .16% (flu .10%; tenth of a percent)

Mortality rate for people older than 80 = 0.078 or 7.8%

https://t.co/glAlV41s19
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: COVID-19 Stats

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:34 am

The government has made epic/historic decision based on something less than facts. There will be a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacking when this is all said and done. Most data models that came out initially have been wildly high and very wrong.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:09 pm

CDC's CV19 hospitalization rates across network through the end of March for different age groups (per 100,000 individuals in population):

Ages:

0-4 = 0.3

5-17 = 0.1

18-49 = 2.5

50-64 = 7.4

65-74 = 12.2

75-84 = 15.8

85+ = 17.2

The 2018 murder rate in the US = 5.0 per 100,000.

Granted, these numbers will certainly increase as COVID-19 cases rise across the country, but through the end of March at least......

You were twice as likely to be murdered than you were to be hospitalized by COVID-19 if you're under 50. Actually, since the homicide rate isn't adjusted for that age group, and since most people murdered are under 50.....you're probably three or four times as likely to be murdered as you were of being hospitalized by COVID-19......
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Deaths from COVID-19 in MN:

Median Age of Deceased: 86

Range of ages of deceased: 58-100

Median age of those hospitalized: 64

Median age of those in ICU: 67

I keep being told that COVID-19 has been hitting the young....yeah, like a weak cold. The virus affects the old & sickly.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:53 pm

I’m still gonna be pissed if I have to burn two weeks if PTO getting over it and then another 2 weeks on quarantine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 pm

Minnesota may be fortunate with the strain that is predominant here. Statistics from other states and countries aren’t nearly as encouraging for younger age groups. The statistics in Minnesita may also be skewed via confirmation bias due to the majority of confirmed cases being tied to long term care facilities at this point. Once the virus becomes more widely distributed, the current morbidity/mortality breakdown will likely look much different. On the bright side, Minnesota currently leads the country with mitigation efforts and has the lowest infection rate per capita.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:34 am

2% death rate may not seem like a lot to some. But already in NY there is talk of mass graves as they can not keep up with the burying/cremation of bodies there.
And why its so important to limit the spread of the virus.
If 1.5M get it with 2% DR that's 30k dead.
If 15M get it that's 300K people dead.
If 150M get the virus that's 3M dead.

Us older guys, we best have our Living wills and wills in order.
Even the younger guys, why put it off? You can get do it yourself ones off the internet, just need it notarized(this is important as its not valid unless the notary sees you sign it and they do their seal on it). Look at Prince, having no will the lawyers raked in millions in fees via probate. Probate is a cluster fukc for your family (emotionally draining on them, takes forever and is costly $ wise), so please do THEM a favor, get both a Living and reg Will in place.

Probably the saddest part of this virus is that as people are dying , no family or friends can visit them like traditionally, for example when a person is dying of cancer.
With Covid19 the person is literally all alone. At best they may get a video chat with them.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:53 am

They are mostly only testing sick people that have gone to the hospital. (And one tiger in New York apparently) That causes the death rate per infected to be higher. If we tested everyone the infected rate would sky rocket and the death rate and hospitalization rate would tank. Lots of people have this thing and show little to no signs.

If you really believe 3mill dead is a possibility you are clueless.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:55 am

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/ ... omic-ruin/

I found this article interesting. Maybe we went about it all wrong. I think lanyard proposed this idea a while back. Makes sense to me based on who is at most risk from this. Not to mention the economy.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:00 am

Nershi wrote:They are mostly only testing sick people that have gone to the hospital. (And one tiger in New York apparently) That causes the death rate per infected to be higher. If we tested everyone the infected rate would sky rocket and the death rate and hospitalization rate would tank. Lots of people have this thing and show little to no signs.

If you really believe 3mill dead is a possibility you are clueless.

100% correct.

People that are using stats like death rate and per million and kidding themselves if you think those percentages are anywhere close to correct. Most people have no idea they have it or have a simple cold. The data models where much of these decisions are based have been proven incorrect. All this as a result of millions of people losing their jobs and that stress.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”