maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Maplelakeduckslayer's Woodie Camp for Daytraders

Sun May 17, 2020 9:41 pm

So for starters, this is a screenshot from my brokers trading software, the software itself is think or swim by TD Ameritrade.

OSMT. Watching this one for a run up to their PDUFA date of July 16. That stands for prescription drug user fee act...this is a date by which the FDA is supposed to give a decision on their drug application. Basically it gets approved, rejected, of possible that the FDA requests more info/trials/etc (complete response letter).

I have no position on this yet...but the float is incredibly low at 11.25 million shares meaning it gets positive momentum it can move upwards quick. They have ample cash with a very low quarterly burn rate meaning the chances of getting hit with an offering or the likes are very low. I'll post a couple screenshots of their latest 1q earning next but basically they have 125 mil cash and only burned 3.1 mil in 1q. This is fantastic for a "penny stock"

The squigly lines on the chart are moving avgs. They aren't necessarily a necessity but are an indicator I like to watch because when all the moving avgs flatten and get tight... green is 200 day, orange 50 day, blue 20 day, white 9 day...can indicate accumulation and that a move is coming.

The red diagonal line is a line I added. It's called resistance. See how every time it hits that line and drops? In trading that's referred to as resistance and a breakout (high volume upward movement) occurs when the price breaks above this level on heavy volume.

I am only watching this stock right now...you do lots and lots of watching and missing doing this... because you need a proper entry to limit your risk and the chart constantly changes it's not a constant. As on now I'm looking at a potential entry in a couple weeks at 3-3.50. but I'll continually analyze the chart and volume to see if manipulators are loading for a run
Attachments
Screenshot_20200516-054544.png
Screenshot_20200516-054715.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 17, 2020 9:44 pm

And literally the stocks like this go on and on and on...you just need to basically analyze everything (put in the work that 90% don't) and limit risk to trade profitably

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 17, 2020 9:59 pm

HTBX is pretty interesting. 75 million shares float. You can see it had a big pop back in March. This is because it announced it was working on a covid-19 vaccine. Ok...that's not why we are watching it but plenty of others will be because if that...so if it starts moving up fomo will set in and those watchers will turn into buyers.

We are watching because they are giving a phase 2 data presentation on a different drug may 29th at a conference. Typically, these stocks will run up to these conferences and since there's so many eyes on this one in particular...and short sellers that could get squeezed...I think it has a high likelihood of a pop leading up to conference. I like the sideways price action as well as that can signify loading ahead of a move.

Ok cash around 26 mil they burned 6 mil first quarter so holding for a week or two should be pretty low risk.

Basically if I play this I'll be loading this week as the catalyst is in under 2 weeks and we just want to play a run up...not hold through

Screenshot_20200517-214639.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 7:51 am

Shop is a stock I have been day trading a lot, it has amazing range. Its seen as a "virus stock" because its an online marketplace platform when people couldn't go out shopping...but its way overextended a 150% move off lows...

With overall markets gapping up huge(opening higher than Fridays close) im looking to short into a pop at the opening bell for a day trade. The psychology behind this is that any shorts that entered Fri are now massively down and may panic to cover their positions...which creates buying pressure along with bulls that see it up and are buying. Markrts are super volatile at the bell so you short the pop and will almost always get the pullback for a quick scalp gain.

This is a very fast kind of trade, sell a pop at the bell and cover sometimes only seconds later, its hard to do in real time but we'll see how it plays out

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 8:00 am

MRNA gapping up massively on covid trial data news it's up approx 30% from Fridays close.

Same sort of trade...shorts getting roasted and bulls will be wanting to take profits as they are up 30% since Friday. Watching for a pop to short into capitalize on those profit takers

This sort of stock can also cause perpetual short squeeze leading to massive upside moves so you have to be careful. Anything regarding covid vaccine is very very hot

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 am

Did slowly add some HTBX this morning on pullback have .597 avg. For the presentation may 29. Didn't load full position size I want as I want to see how it trades a little bit..always scale into positions don't add all at once. I'll.be looking to possibly add more depending how it trades

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 4:57 pm

so.....for a layman, is putting money in a target date retirement fund a solid move? Obviously (I’m assuming) not maxing every dollar, but good enough?

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 5:03 pm

When discussing finance and investment with my buds who do that stuff for work, my favorite line to say is “Im not smart with money or investing, but Im smart enough to know Im not smart enough, and my best bet is paying someone to do it for me”. Bad decision on my part?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”