Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Maplelakeduckslayer's Woodie Camp for Daytraders

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Explain??? What are the repercussions. I have no idea about any of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:18 pm

Just the potential for further regulations/fees/etc further inhibiting retail being able to trade in the markets. Politicians/wall St/banks etc are all connected these people directly f'd with the people that put regulations on us... politicians.

Kamala already wanted transaction fees on stock trades.

When you are a market maker...no big deal you know exactly where the stock is going you just sell, take the gain, pay the fee as a cost of doing business.

As a retail trader you simple try to catch a sliver of the move cause you never know what market makers are going to do.

If you catch a sliver accurately...but the fees wipe out most your gains...goodbye retail.

Many retail traders are trading small size...like $50-$500. If you get a 10% winner but the transaction fee is $20 you lost money

Plus the whole market is a pump and dump...volume drives buying which drives the price up. If they do away with social media stock related stuff etc...and no one knows how to find out about stocks to play...stocks won't move. Except for the way MM's want them to.

Just tons of potential to screws retail over here

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:08 pm

I’m gonna take a more optimistic outlook. People are furious right now. People on the right and the left want to **** these market manipulators over so bad. Don Jr and AOC are even on the same side hahahaha

The politicians are the ones that benefit from insider trading tho, so they’re gonna be the ones that probably do whatever it takes to keep their cash flow in tact.

**** em tho. They’ve lost 70 billion. they’ve just been hoping people have been too dumb to google what shorting a stock means for too long.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:17 pm

This whole system just goes so deep. I don't have the patience felon has to type it all out...

But citadel...executes the orders for robinhood...also bailed out melvin capital...also paid Janet Yellen huge speaking fees. Hundreds of thousands in "speaking fees".

You can really do down the rabbit hole and break this all down.

That's why it's scary

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 pm

They are gonna try to squeeze silver next...I'm not sure how that will work.

That's not a hedge worth a few billion that's the world's banks and governments.

Honestly if it was successful would probably implode the entire world lol.

I don't expect much to happen...but after all this...lots of eyes on it.

Seems most are targeting the SLV etf...guess we'll watch and see

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:37 am

I saw that citadel is what does the robinhood stuff stuff not sure entirely what it all means, but it seems like they’ve only showed how blatant things are becoming in terms of rules for thee but not for me

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:37 pm

From the little I know about this, its seems as thou the Hedge Fund guys finally got screwed by the little guy and now they are crying like babies. I am sure the little guy will only get screwed even more now. It was hard to believe a few politicians who hate each other actually agreed on something.

Scout11112
Coot Commander

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:25 pm

How does one determine hype vs reality? I made 1000% in the past week and sold. I still don’t understand why though

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:37 am

The markets are never ever reality so always trade cautiously. Always. No matter how much hype, how much due diligence you've put in...your #1 job is to protect your capital.

It sure feels like a bubble. Who knows it could keep going. I do see a pattern here that says there's potential for the markets to pull back this coming week. But everyone feels a pullback is coming so the shorts jump in...then they roast shorts forcing them to cover driving prices up further. They'll probably just keep doing that for liquidity to offload into

We could also be pricing in stagflation or inflation into stock prices leading the the increase, factoring in all the money printing... basically a dollar will be worth much much less a few years from now the market is saying

Honestly I'm not even playing most of this stuff because it's beyond insane. You can't properly manage risk trying to play something already up 500% expecting it to go up another 200%. It's fun for a lot of guys looking for extra money making small bets. But you can't trade these as a business with a 30-50k plus position. It's just not a scalable long term strategy that you can trade year in year out. And when it turns it's gonna tear a lot of new traders a new asshole. Like gme did.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:58 am

Congrats on the win by the way and not trying to make light if it.

But you'll see these rounds of fomo and I see it over and over again where people will have massive gains and they keep holding and holding expecting it to keep going and they end up giving lots back or taking losses even.

Having a strategy where you take consistent gains repeatedly will outperform these fomo plays.

Because like I said...you develop a strategy with 90% plus accuracy...that allows you to take large size because the risk is low....you have high accuracy. Then you lock for consistent gains over and over and over.

Say you trade a 30k position 4 times a month 20% gain each that's 24k a months. Then take out losers that's over 200k a year. And that is a scalable strategy so as the account grows you can go up to say 50k positions. Then to 100k. Then you don't even care about fomo plays you just have a money printing machine

The goal is to have a scalable strategy that gives consistent gains that can be achieved year in year out. This is long term game you think about having consistent gains like that for 30-40 years that's millions of dollars

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”