Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Re: End of year video

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:58 am

D.T. Hammer wrote:HOw many hunts was this from?

its from the entire 60 day MN season.

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:19 am

Perch_44 wrote:

I was asking how many hunts you filmed to make your clip. If you don't wanna answer that's cool.
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:27 am

D.T. Hammer wrote:
Perch_44 wrote:

I was asking how many hunts you filmed to make your clip. If you don't wanna answer that's cool.

Why not just ask again instead of being a prick.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am

I don't care so much about how many days, but could you post up some gps coordinates or at least give us a lake or pool name. Internet scouting is getting a lot harder than it use to be.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

dwendt wrote:

Why not just ask again instead of being a prick.[/quote]

So sorry if I came across that way. I have hunted with perch and he knows me well enough to not be offended.

Other may think you're coming across a bit harsh yourself, but I can take it and am not offended at all.

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 pm

D.T. Hammer wrote:
Perch_44 wrote:

The video clips are from probably 5-10 hunts. I took a lot of video this fall, but when i started going through it all, there was a lot of video that wasn't usable, not great shots, etc. The clips I used are just some of the better video I took.

The photos are from the entire season.

Now, only having 5 minutes to work with, really limits how many pictures and how much video you can use, so I had to pick only what i thought was the best of the bunch.

And I did learn a lot this fall with video, as far as how to get more effective video next year. camera setup, location, etc.

It is a bunch of work though. I have around 10 hours of time invested in that 5 minute video, with editing video being the largest consumer of time. Once I had all of the photos and video clips, putting it together with the music wasn't too bad, just a lot of tweaking to have everything fit in the time slot, plus if you want to line up certain video or photos with key points in the music.

All in all, it was fun to do though, and it will be nice to have it for years to come. I am a big photo taker throughout the season though. I like to take lots of pictures though, because 20 years from now, its all you'll have to look back on, and I want to be able to look back at all the good times had with friends and family.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Just watched it again... Gotta ask one question.

Did the driver of that vehicle stop and talk to you after you peppered it at 4:05? Haha
Craigslist Prostaff

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Perch_44 wrote:

The video clips are from probably 5-10 hunts. I took a lot of video this fall, but when i started going through it all, there was a lot of video that wasn't usable, not great shots, etc. The clips I used are just some of the better video I took.

The photos are from the entire season.

Now, only having 5 minutes to work with, really limits how many pictures and how much video you can use, so I had to pick only what i thought was the best of the bunch.

And I did learn a lot this fall with video, as far as how to get more effective video next year. camera setup, location, etc.

It is a bunch of work though. I have around 10 hours of time invested in that 5 minute video, with editing video being the largest consumer of time. Once I had all of the photos and video clips, putting it together with the music wasn't too bad, just a lot of tweaking to have everything fit in the time slot, plus if you want to line up certain video or photos with key points in the music.

All in all, it was fun to do though, and it will be nice to have it for years to come. I am a big photo taker throughout the season though. I like to take lots of pictures though, because 20 years from now, its all you'll have to look back on, and I want to be able to look back at all the good times had with friends and family.

Thanks I wanted to do something like this sooner or later. I knew it takes time but dam sure came out nice for how little time you have in it. Seemed like you would have 40-60 hours putting this together.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Perch...no video of the cornfield fire last year ??
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

caboose wrote:awesome thanks for putting this together it's a damn shame what is happening over there right now.

Evidence....statute of limitations....What corn field fire?... :-D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”